HMS Brave Swordsman

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Pioneer View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Pioneer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pioneer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: HMS Brave Swordsman
    Posted: 05 October 2016 at 4:33pm
An update on the latest progress with the building of HMS Brave Swordsman.
Mike standing with his well deserved trophies recognising his modelling skills, plus a reduced resolution image of the Bofor gun that will eventually be fitted to his superb model.

Edited by Pioneer - 05 October 2016 at 4:35pm
Pioneer - Forum Moderator
johnk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 February 2016 at 6:01pm
Hi there,

Many thanks for this, I do not posses the skill or patience for such work, but does not hinder my great admiration for the skill in such fantastic detailed work, all the best,

Johnk
Pioneer View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Pioneer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pioneer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 February 2016 at 1:12pm
Our old friend Mike Harrison has contacted me and supplied a couple of his latest images of his model of HMS Brave Swordsman.
This model had been placed on hold for several personal reasons but I’m glad that we can once again see the superb modelling skills, as shown in the previous model of ‘Ferocity’

This model will be at least 5ft long (not sure what scale that represents) and shows a level of detail that can achieved with such a large scale. This can just be glimpsed in the second image.
It will have a sound system that will replicate the start up of the 3 gas turbines and of course the shut down, with continual sound once underway.
Mike believes that it will take 2 years to complete.

I hope that Mike will give us glimpse of his progress – watch this space.

Pioneer - Forum Moderator
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic