BMPT Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Discussion > Where Are Those Boats Now
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

RML 497

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: RML 497
    Posted: 23 February 2018 at 8:31am
Hi there,

Hope I have the right number! but latest issue of Ship's Monthly, preservation scene section, talks of the above going to Hartlepool to a new museum of the RN, great, but proposal to...cut her in half to show the inside! right....last heard she is afloat at Portsmouth....well, if she was to far go to stay afloat then perhaps, although as discussed often, I know of course fine to say stay afloat but takes a lot of a n other to maintain I know ......as ever, if last stop is total scrap then...

Johnk
Cy1909 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cy1909 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 March 2018 at 11:57am
This is sad news but I guess something is better than nothing. she must be in a real bad way.

johnk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 March 2018 at 5:55pm
Hi there,

Indeed, heard nothing further on this....she may of course be in a bad way as you say, and better than total scrap but still...as ever, easy to say as I am not looking after her I know....all the best,

Johnk
FairmileB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FairmileB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2019 at 4:08pm
One of just 2 left in the UK now, the other being Jamaican Moon.

Quite sad that 13 years ago there were 5 left, now there are just 2!
Middie1965 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Middie1965 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2021 at 10:48pm
I am investigating buying Jamaica Moon - 
she is still floating!!
but it depends on how she is internally!! - 
whether it is impossible to restore her to her "former glory"
PRH - ex-Middie HMS Hubberston

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic