BMPT Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Boats (In alphabetical order) > 43957 & 441341
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hops Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 44320
    Posted: 21 March 2006 at 1:55pm

Hi well were shall I start... I own the above boat 44320 MSPB built in Southampton, she was first allocated  to the maintenance Commander in Devonport up to 1948 where she then ended up  as nominal Depot Ship at RNAS Anthorn on the Solway of Firth where she carried the white ensign HMS Nuthatch up until 1960 when the base was decommissioned and from then until about 3 years ago when I brought her is rather blank?

At the present time she is moored on the Thames down near Hampton where she is being rebuilt as she was in a pretty bad state of affairs, the original engines are now in the deepest Amason as were the last owner went to retire so at the present monent she is fitted with tiwn Sabre's 6 cyl diesel turbo's, soon to be started up for the first time in a long while!

I was in contact with Philip Simons some time back but have not been in contact  back for some time due to work etc.

if anyone has any imformation on these boats I would be very interested I belive they ran from 44306-44324.

Many thanks

Paul Hopley hoptoit04@yahoo.co.uk

P.S. can supply photo's of what she looks today

Pioneer View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Pioneer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pioneer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 March 2006 at 4:06pm

Hello Paul

Yes, we certainly would like to see some pic's of the boat as she is today. I myself am not up on this class of craft but I am sure that others may have some knowledge or experience of them.

If you cannot reduce the pictures yourself to under 50Kb - post them to me at tedelse@ntlworld.com and I shall try

Regards

Pioneer - Forum Moderator
Nuthatch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nuthatch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 October 2008 at 9:25am

Hi just a little note to say that I have been registered on the National Ships Register Ive posted a brief history and a couple of photos of my British Power Boat, Nuthatch.

Please follow thwe link below;

Paul Hopley
Pioneer View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Pioneer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pioneer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 October 2008 at 9:41am
Your link directed me to 'The Maid of Brownsea' have you changed her name? - no pictures were available.
Nuthatch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nuthatch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 October 2008 at 10:24am
Ops! seems as there's a problem with the link...

Works on my saved link give me me a mo ill have a look Confused
Paul Hopley
Nuthatch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nuthatch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 October 2008 at 10:32am
Paul Hopley
Pioneer View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Pioneer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pioneer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 October 2008 at 11:46am
That's better Paul - I can see it now. It appears to be a fine craft - looking the business.
I have taken the liberty of placing a copy of the shot here - if you no like - let me know and I'll take it down.

johnk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 October 2008 at 12:03pm
Hi there,

Great to see her, noticed her on the NHS site, best of luck with her restoration, do keep us all posted if you need any help or info, always worth asking, a lot of expertise out there.

JohnK
Nuthatch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nuthatch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 October 2008 at 10:34am
Hi
yes cheers for that, I was having a few probs this end, restoration will now slow down due to our great summer, but will plood on....  As things happen ill do my best to keep things up to date.

Paul
Paul Hopley
johnk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 October 2008 at 12:52pm

Hi there,

Many thanks for that Paul, do keep in touch, hope perhaps to see her around, if ever in the Medway, drop us a line and we can see about visitor berthing,

JohnK
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
  Share Topic