BMPT Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Boats (In alphabetical order) > 43957 & 441341
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whitelady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 September 2009 at 8:18am
well how did it go paul?
You don't own a boat, a boat owns you.
Nuthatch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nuthatch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 September 2009 at 3:15pm
Hi all

Yes went to Chiswick Open Day and as promised I have photo's, click on the the link below for said action photis...  It was a nice day....

p.s. the trip to the brewery was tops!

Paul Hopley
johnk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 September 2009 at 5:27pm
Hi Paul,

Great to see her underway.

Johnk
Whitelady View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whitelady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 September 2009 at 12:11am
Looks good chap, maybe you can make the trip up here next ;)
You don't own a boat, a boat owns you.
The wood Wizard View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The wood Wizard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 October 2009 at 9:46am
but some of us would need to get the paint brush out and at least finish the paint job, boats are a life time of work if only to stand still let alone make improvements. Get ya finger out White lady.
restore and improve but in the same way as before.
Magic Fingers View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magic Fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 October 2009 at 10:51am
Wood Wizard, Talking, texting and emailing is easier than doing as we have found out with MTB102. No-one seems to want to actually "play" boats. It all comes down to the faithful few to get their hands dirty. The glory comes when they get to show their pride and joy to lesser mortals during the Summer.
If it ain't broke don't fix it!
johnk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 October 2009 at 8:13pm
Yes, as you say Richard, lots of hard work in the cold winter months, Medway Queen always "chose" them to sink! problem now solved with brand new hull though.

Johnk
Nuthatch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nuthatch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 November 2009 at 10:17am
Hi all

Well I take weve  done all our jobs ready for the hardest winter to come.... ha ha
Ive just finished painting the final part on my cabin, had to put a new roof on! hopefully this will last a few more seasons... Ive also serviced my second engine new injetors, turbo reconditioned new fuel pump turbo bellows, just need to plumb her up and turn the key! should be in the next few weeks. well before xmas....  then we ll have two engines going hoorah!

Ive got a few days off soon and was thinking of planning a trip (by car) to Portsmouth to see the new home...  would be nice to meet any one there to see what its all about...

Many thanks

Paul

Paul Hopley
johnk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 November 2009 at 2:06pm
Sounds like you have been busy Paul with your engines there and other jobs, if you go to Portsmouth to Gun Wharf Quays marina which I think is quite near by, you will see HSL 102 and MGB 81 berthed there, recently arrived, if you were a member of BMPT you should have had a membership ticket for the PNBPT group, if not of course you won't, but if so will get concessions on entry.

Johnk
Nuthatch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nuthatch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 March 2010 at 5:53pm
Hi all

Had some bad news the other day I was on my boat the other sunday and things were looking good.... when I thought that I would go off and do a bit of shopping.... well... I did notice that my front was slightly coming out so pushed that back in and off I went, only to have a call later to say that my boat had slipped her moorings hit a few things on her unaided trip down river and was now on the local weir!  After numerous attemps to get her free she was left till a few days later when the river had slowed down ( which was on RED boards at the time) and thus we managed to get her off.....  Im now a non proud owner of an extera three holes in her bow! yes not happy but now trying to get her fixed but all the yards on the Thames are busy due to this years Dunkirk......  Ill try and put some photo's  up  but have probs with phone but will try....    I will not be beaten!  Angry
Paul Hopley
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>
  Share Topic