BMPT Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Boats (In alphabetical order) > 43957 & 441341
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whitelady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 June 2010 at 10:55pm
Hi

as a webmaster and rnli press officer that email adress is already a easy target but thanks for warning post.

cheers
You don't own a boat, a boat owns you.
Nuthatch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nuthatch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 November 2010 at 11:00am
Hi all  Just a small update....  Well the major repairs are now done and ive managed to repaint totally one side of my boat in the final top coat Smile the other side is rubbed down in under coat but again the weather has won....  The rear tramson has also been repaired, while she was out for repairs.  We got carried away the other day and had a fantanistic trip down river to Tilbury from Teddington and yes on ONE engine! and no problems! Smile  As we turned about at Tilbury the weather changed and we were faced with oncoming wind the waves were of concern... but Nuthatch cut through...  I was set at ease....   Also I have managed to fire up my second engine.... but alas it was like a steam engine! think I have at least one piston with ring problems so its head and sump off and renew all the ringsUnhappy  at least its warm in the engine room.....

Im still having problems with photos thanks for offer whitelady I'll try to send you somthing!!!!!
Paul Hopley
Nuthatch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nuthatch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 November 2010 at 4:17pm
Hi all

Had a fantastic trip the other day to Portsmouth Historic Dockyard namely Shed 4. A big thanks to Brian Patterson and all who work down there for their hospitality.  I went down there to see 'Green Parrot' a 45' MSPB of which my boat would of looked like when she was operational.... I took lots of photos. it was great to see how things were. Again thanks.....

Just another update on my on going engine problems, I took off the second engine's head to find that No.3 piston was shot! along with the cylinder liner.... it looks like a valve had dropped and had a good time flying arond the cylinder.... the head was in excellent condition (a good repair from the previous owner).....  Big%20smile
Paul Hopley
Hops View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hops Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 February 2011 at 10:54am
Hi all thought I'd post a small up date of whats been happening so far.....  Well I've managed to jack the engine and remove the sump. remove all the pistons the chewed one took nearly an hour to remove it didnt what to come out!!!!  but out it came.... new rings fitted and ready to go back in. Im just waiting for a piston liner removal tool to be made up so I can remove the old chewed up liner then its put it all back together and fire it up.... hoorah!!!!!
Nuthatch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nuthatch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 September 2011 at 12:33pm
Hi all just another update....

Well things have progressed, the 2nd engine has now been fired up! and sounds like a dream and yes no steam engine effects out of the rocker cover box!!!!!  went to cheat on the adjustment of the rockers thought that id warm up the engine before retorquing down the  head, then adjust the rockers.... there is 12 to play with! but no its was so lumpy that I thought I had a blocked injector! so i had to adjust them.  And low and behold it was the very last one that was miles out!  Adjusted and fired back up ran like a dream money well spent..... ops (all I know was that zero's were involved). ive got a little leak on the water pump pipe that goes to the 1st intercooler, but its 28mm cooper pipe! and I need to bend it to nearly 90* just cant get a bender..... So all that is needed now is a gearbox a Borg Warner 73c and off we go! at long last.

Oh went on the Mayor's River Festival on the 9th September lots of boats went from Battersea bridge down to Tower, a really great day, but not that many Historic boats?  Maybe next years Queens Pagent could be more involved? would be nice to see......

Well I really hate to say this, but think its time to get ready for the cold, time for engine room jobs, i've put a whole new side to the wheel house with new windows and relaid the rear deck water was getting in when it rained!

bye for now

Hops
Paul Hopley
johnk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 September 2011 at 8:38am
Hi Paul,

Great to see the update, yes hopefully the Queen's pagent will see some more historic ships, the 9th was a rehersal I think, so we shall see, many thanks,

Johnk
Nuthatch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nuthatch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 January 2012 at 6:10pm
Hi all Big%20smile%20...%20Shift+R%20improves%20the%20quality%20of%20this%20image.%20CTRL+F5%20reloads%20the%20whole%20page.

Hope it been a good Xmas and New Year..... Just a little update on my little ship of big money ha! Well 2nd engine running like a dream just little snags like little water leaks etc. but now we have a new gearbox fitted! was going for a Borg Warner 73c  but would of had better luck on the lottery.... so managed to get a PRM 750 which weighs a bloody ton! and took 2 of us with ropes jacks and wooden blocks to get the said beasty down into the engine room! eventually we got it fitted to the engine fired her up to see which way was forward.... so the next step is to measure up for the intermedate shaft.  so seeing as its rather cold outside I'm fixing cables and wiring to have her running from the helm, she does sound good though with both engines running Big%20smile%20...%20Shift+R%20improves%20the%20quality%20of%20this%20image.%20CTRL+F5%20reloads%20the%20whole%20page.

Oh didnt make the QDJP later in the year but good luck for those that are going and no doubt see most of all on the river.....

Paul Hopley
Whitelady View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whitelady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 March 2012 at 12:06pm

Good to hear things progressing I've just seen on the Heritage ships listing that my old boat is progressing too!

You don't own a boat, a boat owns you.
johnk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 March 2012 at 1:16pm
Hi there,

Great to hear from you, interesting shot of the side planking being replaced,

Johnk
Nuthatch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nuthatch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 April 2012 at 10:42am
Hi whitelady good to hear from you  Some good photos the planking one looks most interesting..... that must of hurt!  last time we spoke I thought that you said you were selling your foating money eating machine? Its hard to let go.... keep up the good work summers coming so time to enjoy the labours!!!!

I jumped in the river last week and put my second shaft in with prop! yes it was a tad on the cold side.... just got to lower the engine back onto her bearers take a meaurement and get the intermediate shaft made up and away we go! so hopefully end of the month..... might even take a trip down towards you?....

Ive got a few photos but im not that good at getting them up on this website it doesnt like my format I think?

what are your plans now?

Good seas Nuthatch....
Paul Hopley
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>
  Share Topic