BMPT Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Discussion > Where Are Those Boats Now
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Derby Winners Class

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 8>
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David Earle-Pay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Derby Winners Class
    Posted: 13 May 2006 at 8:27pm
Having just purchased 'Hyperion' I would like to know the current whereabouts of any other 'Derby's'. 'Blue Peter' was sold about two years ago at Farndon marina, Newark, does any one know of her current location?
David Earle-Payne
Make it idiot proof, and then someone will make a better idiot!
Christian View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Christian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2006 at 1:46pm

Hello David

Pictured above is Grand Parade at Gibraltar in the 60s,having been brought from Dumbarton.She was sold by my father to a chap who used her for smuggling,she was inevitably caught by Spanish Customs and used by them as a cutter for many years,operating out of Ceuta across the Straits Of Gibraltar.As far as we know she no longer survives.Congratulations on your marvelous purchase,you must be made-up!Dad's been toying with the idea of buying Hyperion for a while as he knows her to be in great shape.Very curious to know more about Blue Peter and see a pic or two,Paul Ainsworth from Farndon Marina has very helpfully given her location (correct last year) as being at Lowestoft,between Lowestoft Haven Marina and the lock into Alton Broad.Am going to build a model of Grand Parade for dad's collection soon,would appreciate any exterior images of Hyperion to help me along,please e-mail full-size to Regards,Christian.

Edited by Christian
David Earle-Pay View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David Earle-Pay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2006 at 7:40pm
Hi, Christian, many thanks for your reply,the pictures are great. would you mind if I copied them to put into the current history folder that came with 'hyperion' I will gladly e-mail photos of 'Hyperion' . Regards David
David Earle-Payne
Christian View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Christian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2006 at 8:08pm

Grand Parade as private yacht in Gibraltar

Grand Parade in service

Hi David-please be my guest,here's a couple more pics for you.Will you be able to track Blue Peter down knowing she's at Lowestoft?

Regards,Christian

Christian View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Christian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2006 at 1:08pm

Dad's pic of Hyperion looking menacing

Paul Ainsworth has kindly sent these two pictures of Blue Peter.

There are apparently four or five other Derby Winners Class survivors.

Edited by Christian
dgray View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dgray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 July 2006 at 9:30am
Another one, Humorist (1921 Derby winner), is coming up for sale.
She is in excellent condition and has radar, bow thruster, professionally  fibreglassed hull (6mm) and twin 145hp Perkins Diesels giving 20kts plus.   She sleeps 6 and was a D-Day boat.  She's located in Rye in Sussex. £30k (ish) I believe.

pm me if you want the owners phone number.

Cheers

Don

Only a number, not even a name. How shall posterity hear of thy fame?
David Earle-Pay View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David Earle-Pay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2006 at 10:34pm
For those who may not have seen the latest issue of 'Classic Boat' (August 2006) there is an article on the Derby Winners Class, featuring 'Hyperion' and 'Blue Peter'. Regards David.
David Earle-Payne
Christian View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Christian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 August 2006 at 4:59pm

Lemberg,currently for sale at £28k on bmpt mainpage,boats for sale.

MARK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MARK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 August 2006 at 3:54pm
Blue Peter is still at Lowestoft Marina and was in the hands of the Anglia Maritime Trust who have  done little to restore her so far. The engines have been removed and then left in an engineering shop. She is still in remarkably good condition and maintains her original profile with many original instruments.  Due to the lack of progress by the AMT on this historic boat  I shall be advertising her on the BMPT site in the near future.   
Willem-Jan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Willem-Jan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 August 2006 at 11:35am
A nice pic from the hyperion at Wicomar harbour
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 8>
  Share Topic