BMPT Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Discussion > Where Are Those Boats Now
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

West Coast Finds

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pongo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2007 at 11:32pm
Hello Pioneer and thanks for the welcome!
The "Victorine" is on hard standing at Goole Boathouse.
The frames are u/s and hull alignment is therefore distorted.  The owner sold the engine for scrap and the wheelhouse is missing.  All in all anyone who fancies this boat will be taking on a hell of a job even though the timbers appear sound.
There is a website which has picture of a very similar boat being operated by the USN on the River Rhine Patrol in 1948 during
Exercise HARVEST. Type "Exercise HARVEST+RIVER RHINE"  and you should end up seeing in one of the photo's, a TRV passing to port with
the towing mast clearly visible.

If there is any interest, I can take some photo's and email them to you
Pongo
Pioneer View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Pioneer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pioneer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2007 at 9:00am

Hello 'Pongo'

Although I personally could not myself get involved with any 'refurb', there are many who visit this site who may just take up this challenge. Therefore any pictures that you can take of 'Victorine' to 'Post' up here may well just be the 'nudge' that finally saves her.

If you have any difficulty in the posting of the images - give me a PM and I'll try and assist

Regards

Pioneer - Forum Moderator
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic