BMPT Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Boats (In alphabetical order) > Seaplane Tenders
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Sea Plane Tender Hull?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sea Plane Tender Hull?
    Posted: 20 May 2006 at 7:00pm

Hello,

Just thought I would mention that there is what appears to be a Sea Plan Tender hull at Whitton Marine, Hoo nr Rochester in Kent. My friend has his post-war german built river patrol vessel there and this hull is sitting ashore, has been for some time I have to say, but thought someone might be interested in it. As I say, I THINK it an ST but am not sure, yard owners would know more.

John 

dgray View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dgray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 June 2006 at 1:13pm
Hi John,
Is there any chance of getting a photo of her? 
Cheers
Don

Don

Only a number, not even a name. How shall posterity hear of thy fame?
dgray View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dgray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 June 2006 at 1:17pm
Hi John,
Don't worry about it. I followed your advice and rang them!
Some guy is doing her up slowly & paying mooring fees on her.

Thanks again
Don

Don

Jim View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 July 2006 at 4:13pm

Hi All

Went over to the boat yard at "Cot House" at Sandbank Dunoon , once again a bit too late the ST that is there was bulldozed into a grass banking two years ago, never bothered to take pictures as all you can see is a very split stern and some side planking,pity as the wood was in good order.

Another old girl bites the dust..Ah well.

Jim

johnk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 October 2006 at 9:57am

Hello

Just an update on the ST at Whitton Marina here in Kent, was down there the other day and she has been re-launched! According to a friend down there, she has taken up OK but have not verified with my own eyes, surprising as she has been ashore a long time. Told she might be for sale now, Have mentioned to my friend about this site, he said he would pass onto the owner. May be try the yard owners again if interested, though they I believe they are more keen on being paid mooring fees than seeing her go. My friend did tell me the makers, not Vospers, or Thorneyroft or BPBC but another firm, can't remember the name for the life of me.

John

dgray View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dgray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 October 2006 at 10:38pm
Hi John,
Does a photo of her exist?   It'd be great to see her.
Thanks
Don

johnk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 October 2006 at 11:35am

Hi Don,

Not at the moment, she may go on brokerage at the marina and they will then take a shot to advertise her, hoping still my friend down there will get the owner onto this site and thus get a bit more history etc. Intersting shot of wreck on the tay, "heart leapt" at the thought perhaps a submerged D, but don't think such a vessel would have survived this long, can't quite make it out, but she looks as you say very broad.

John

dgray View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dgray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 October 2006 at 11:42am
Hi John,

My first thought was "Dog boat" but at a second glance it isn't.  Shame.

Is the ST in Kent pretty complete / original or does it have the usual "caravan" on top?

Cheers
Don

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic