BMPT Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Discussion > Where Are Those Boats Now
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

General Message Board on Where Boats Are

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2122232425 44>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote d-zine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 July 2007 at 5:28pm
Hi Ciderlout.

My mother took the following photo on her mobile phone about 4 weeks ago. Is this the boat that you have seen.

Either way additional better quality pictures would be good to see.

Advance - Runaway Quickly , Runaway Quickly
northeastuser View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote northeastuser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 July 2007 at 6:15pm
wow i thought that was a dog boat for a split second.
d-zine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote d-zine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 July 2007 at 6:23pm
Sorry about that.
Advance - Runaway Quickly , Runaway Quickly
Dougie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dougie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 July 2007 at 11:25pm

Hi

I'm looking for a little history of a boat I know very little about.    My wife's best friend grew up (in the 1950's & 60's) on a ex MTB like boat.  The boat was based in Wivenhoe and was called Medina at the time and the family name was Rowley.  Later Medina was sold and I believe went to live on the Thames.  Other than that I know nothing about where she is now.   Sue now lives in Canada so I will ask for some more detail, but it would be a nice surprise for her aged Mum to know where Medina is.

Any info appreciated

Doug Nicholson

Thanks

Doug Nicholson
Christian View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Christian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 July 2007 at 11:40pm

Hi Doug

This one?

Dougie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dougie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2007 at 11:26am

Wow, that's fantastic.      I'm positive that's her.   Do you know where she is moored so I can go and get a few snaps?

Sue grew up on that boat and remains one of the tidiest people I've ever met.  I can see why.

Many thanks,

Doug Nicholson
Christian View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Christian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2007 at 11:50am

Hi Dougie

Glad to have been able to help, Medyna the very last JS White 72ft 6" MTB (number 253) was for sale with Whitton Marine Brokerage sales@whittonmarine.com last year, up for £85,000 with berth and two de-coupled Perkins P6 engines. She seems to have been sold as she is no longer on the internet, try asking them exactly where in Kent she is.

Good luck!

Christian View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Christian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2007 at 12:05pm

More photos;

I'm sure I have more at home, will post later.

Christian View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Christian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2007 at 4:15pm

And more photos;

This is a sistership, I haven't got a wartime view of 253.

johnk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2007 at 4:59pm

Hi there,

Regards 253 I believe she is still just next door to Whittion marine, I have a small houseboat in thier boatyard, but...could be mistaken now as have not really looked for her lately, should be over there in near future so will have a look to check.

JohnK

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2122232425 44>
  Share Topic