BMPT Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Discussion > Where Are Those Boats Now
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

General Message Board on Where Boats Are

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3940414243 44>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote neilgreenfield Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 November 2011 at 6:53pm
picture of rev counter
Jim View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2011 at 8:04pm
Hi Guys, might be a lead on one of the Dog boats in 1948 sent to Argentina.... you need to read it though Google to get it to translate, (unless you read Spanish of course)

http://patrullerasargentinas.blogspot.com/2011/05/patrulleros-de-alta-mar-pam-ex-lanchas.html

Here is link to the pictures, not so sure myself, as cannot see enough of the hull

http://www.histarmar.com.ar/Exploraciones/Delta/Fairmile.htm

Edited by Jim - 19 November 2011 at 9:21pm

johnk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2011 at 11:04am
Hi there,

Many thanks for these pictures, shot of naval vessel very good, well the other looks sort of right size, severe loss of hull planking though!!!

Johnk
neilgreenfield View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote neilgreenfield Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2011 at 7:35pm
I found this movie today with BPBco boats in the sea  http://www.itnsource.com/shotlist//BHC_RTV/1935/05/06/BGU407201273/?s=British+power+boat+&st=0&pn=1

Edited by Pioneer - 23 November 2011 at 8:54pm
johnk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 November 2011 at 9:51am
Hi there,

Yes, short and sweet, £816 fee per clip it says at the bottom! but thanks very much for the post,

Johk
burgundyben View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote burgundyben Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2011 at 4:05pm
Originally posted by neilgreenfield neilgreenfield wrote:

I found this movie today with BPBco boats in the sea  http://www.itnsource.com/shotlist//BHC_RTV/1935/05/06/BGU407201273/?s=British+power+boat+&st=0&pn=1

Hello Neil, I'm out of plaster and typing again, does look like your boat may well be BPB, I saw the discussion on CMBA too, I'll drop you an email and maybe come see her over the christmas break.

Napier Lion engine wanted.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote neilgreenfield Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2011 at 5:02pm
hi
im starting to think so, especially after reading the fast boat and flying boats.. hope your arm is better... did you buy that boat??
id like that.. im away from the 20th -27th.. getting some winter sun :-)
neil
clive View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote clive Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 December 2011 at 2:24pm
here is a good one, not sure if they are BPBCo..

masbie something in the water.   www.freewebs.com/masb32/

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote neilgreenfield Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 December 2011 at 5:38pm
hi
its a Hoyal Craft.. they are very similar i imagine... my hull is very similar, but the windscreen and upstand around the cockpit, i dont have...
also, i noticed that both craft have cutwaters, which ive been told is a amercian thing.. clearly not

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote neilgreenfield Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 December 2011 at 5:42pm
found this about Hoyal.. probably something to do with BPBco ( supermarine )

"

Miss Margate

was originally built as a class 9 Sedan version, but before delivery to Ramsgate she was converted to a class 7 triple cockpit runabout. Following an accident and fire in 1936 at Supermarine Aviation, she was rebuilt one foot shorter at 25 feet by Hoyle Craft in Nottingham. Sold as a high speed trip boat, to run holidaymakers off Margate beach. Under the command of Mr George Rickwood from Brightlingsea, Essex, Miss Margate was sent by then Ramsgate Harbour Master, Mr D.R. Price to Dunkirk on 31st May 1940, towed by the Dutch Schuit

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3940414243 44>
  Share Topic