BMPT Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Boats (In alphabetical order) > Range Safety Launches
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nelson 40’ EX-MOD (project)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Bill View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nelson 40’ EX-MOD (project)
    Posted: 02 March 2011 at 4:05pm
Peter Thornycraft at one time owned Horatia and Grand Espoir. The latter became the property of Nigel Tunnicliffewho in turn sold it on to Rodney Agar. I" looked after"Grand Espoir for many years until my retirement. I believe both boat were originaly powered by Catterpillar 400's but the latter was re engined with Sabres. She gave a lovely ride.My lasting memory was in the wheelhouse was a map and story of the uncle of Mr. Agar "Gus "Agar's  exploits in the sinking of the Russian Cruiser "Oleg" which won him the secret VC
DMSmith View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMSmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2006 at 7:20pm

Must have been sold by the time I saw your note. I wonder which one it was? and why it was being sold on e.bay !!   I own Petrel, the first of the six, and although I've tracked down a couple more, I'd be interested to know where the others are.

Dave
dgray View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dgray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 September 2006 at 12:24am
Nelson 40' project on ebay. Currently at  ££620.00   with 4 days to go.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Keith-Nelson-40-TSDY-Launch-Restoratio n-Project_W0QQitemZ150033414044QQihZ005QQcategoryZ1296QQrdZ1 QQcmdZViewItem#ebayphotohosting

Cheers

Don

Only a number, not even a name. How shall posterity hear of thy fame?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic