BMPT Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Discussion > Where Are Those Boats Now
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

1942 HDML For sale

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote craig1234 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1942 HDML For sale
    Posted: 27 October 2006 at 3:12pm

Due to illness my 72ft harbour defence launch is for sale she has twin engines and currently affloat it would very similar to HDML medusa with very little work topside below decks it can be used as houseboat as it has central heating in four cabins and the lounge outwardly and top wheelhouse she looks every inch a warship and she does have dummy guns she is powerd by twin 235hp detroit diesels this vessel has lots of war history she was damaged by german fire topside was repaired by the navy.she seen lots of action and was used in special forces operations in the med. she is also on the historical ships register for further history there is also aboard various ww2 items which includes uniforms papers etc for further information and history on doctors instructions this vessel must go and i am prepaird to except 14000 and moorings paid up to the moving date many thanks craig

she is being sold for a fraction of her worth due to circumstances as outlined  pictures can be emailed as to large to post

Edited by craig1234
Christian View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Christian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 October 2006 at 3:30pm

Hi Craig-I borrowed your photo from Yachtworld to show how good Lewina ex ML1305 is looking nowadays.

Regards,Christian

d-zine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote d-zine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 October 2006 at 8:15pm

Christian,

You beat me to it, spotted the picture this morning. She looks very lean and fit for purpose, I hope that she finds a loving home.

Edited by d-zine
Advance - Runaway Quickly , Runaway Quickly
S R Wilson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote S R Wilson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 December 2006 at 4:59pm

Hi Craig,

Where is she berthed please? Also can you plese send me some more pics. I have pm-ed my email address.

SRW
"Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy" WSC.

dgray View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dgray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 December 2006 at 7:40pm

Hi Sentley,

For some photos, goto  http://www.houseboatcentre.co.uk/

Click on 'Houseboats'  and look down the list to £35,000 and "Historic wartime motor patrol launch" about 20 photos there.

I'm just glad I didn't read the advert properly and realise the price! She looks really interesting. Good luck if you go to view her.

Don

Only a number, not even a name. How shall posterity hear of thy fame?
johnk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 December 2006 at 8:13am

Hi All,

Just seen the posts about the above, well, very interesting, would be nice to see her and Medusa running together perhaps, ah, not wanting to be a damp squid but..see claims on the brokerage site about national lottery funding and free berthing at national ports, well, have experience of the lottery and as far as I know, you would at the least need to be a registred charity and not a privately owned vessel,  not heard of this free berthing, would be nice if true. But any way, would still be nice if someone could take her on, can't offer free berthing but if coming by Chatham Marina, give a call, would be nice to see her.

John  

johnk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 December 2006 at 9:54am

Hello,

Just been onto the Historic Ships site, thought I saw her some years ago, and she had a radically different top side ie as a cruiser, but can see the current owner since 1999 has turned her back to origional look, well done, she dose look so much better. As one of only six left I have no doubt she deserves to be kept as is, and hopefully run around and shown off, nice to see her in company with Medusa one day perhaps, she of course has had a one million grant ex the lottery for a complete re-furb, not saying money could not be available for Lewina, we at the Medway Queen have managed to get a grant after Waverly and Kingswear Castle paddlers have had money,but as I said, I don't think it would come to a private vessel, would be like getting money to do up your own car or house, however I have a vague idea that has happend with some person in the art world got money for thier house, though there might have been restrictions on what they could do with it in terms of selling it may by. Any way, all very interesting, watching with interest.

John 

Christian View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Christian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 December 2006 at 10:31am

Hi John

There's at least 38 HDMLs still surviving, see the survivors section of the HMS Medusa website they are all listed there (not to say that this in any way reduces Lewinas historical value, she does indeed look very good as she is now). Where did you come by the figure of 6?

Regards,Christian.

Edited by Christian
S R Wilson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote S R Wilson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 December 2006 at 11:03am

Hi Christian,

I think the figure of 6 comes from the Historic ships Reister. That claims her to be "one of 6 in the world out of 280 worldwide." I think it must be a typo for one of 6 in the Country!!

SRW
"Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy" WSC.

Christian View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Christian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 December 2006 at 11:07am

Hi Sentley

Thanks for clearing that up, you must be right. The total number built was closer to 480 though, although again perhaps 280 were UK built, I haven't checked this.

Rgds, Christian.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic