BMPT Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Discussion > Modelling
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

BPB 63’ type 2 plans

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Christian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2007 at 2:52pm
mickrik View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mickrik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 March 2007 at 5:35pm

hiya mickrik LOL

just got a copy of the cd off the us e bay site it will help

thanks for pointing out it was there happy modelling

to allout there i will post again

mickrik

happy to meet you all
clive View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote clive Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 March 2007 at 1:02pm

Hello all,

Here is a picture of the progress made on my 12th scale whaleback 63. since the picture was taken I have put 'stringers' in to support the planking. the hold up at the moment is that the 0.8mm plywood I have is paper thin and too flimsy so I amgoing to try 1mm of as near that as possible.

please do not look too closely!!

Edited by clive
masbie something in the water.   www.freewebs.com/masb32/
mickrik View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mickrik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 March 2007 at 8:12pm

LOLhello clive coming on ok keep up the good work

my model is coming on yet to fit shafts and rudders three

quarters through finishing the cabin and gun turrets got guns

figures mixer speed controllers and decals got a custom set from

www modellettering.com that included the front checkerplate

and original roundels speak to you soon  mick

happy to meet you all
clive View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote clive Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2007 at 8:31pm

Ok I have made a bit of (slow) progress, I have put the battery drill and jigsaw away and I now have a guillotine to cut the 1.5mm ply. I'll never win any medals for it but she is a relly shapely hull and when the next layer goes on it will cover a multitude of sins!

Whoever is the first to point out I have planked the bottom the wrong way will not win anything!

northeastuser View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote northeastuser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2007 at 9:04pm

Looking good there Clive.

Perhaps a quick coat of something like epoxy and a quick sand and it will look as smooth as glass.

clive View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote clive Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2007 at 11:33pm

when the second layer of planking is put on it straightens everything up. I have done a bit on the std hull side aft, it really stiffens the hull.

after that I will probably coat it with pva a few times, then probably take a mould off if her.

mike64 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 September 2007 at 9:36pm

Clive

I have just dug out the plans I purchased 13 years ago to build my 63' BPB ASRL which I plan to build to 1/12 scale and I thought I would just do some reaserch when I saw this forum. I seems that the 1/12 scale is a popular size I thought I was a bit ambitious but you have just proved my idea is not silly. Can you please let me know what you are doing about power train for your model?

Mike

clive View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote clive Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 September 2007 at 10:13pm

Hi Mike,

I have nearly finished the second layer of bottom planking and decided yesterday to take it off the base and remove the centers of the rear 3 frames, it is a really goos size and is very light and an amazing shape.

I was going to use a Zenoah  marine engine, I was going to use a gearbox which gives two contra rotating outputs from one input (cant remember the name) but in all honesty I have a 4 foot model with a strimmer engine in it and it absolutely flies so I may just do that! you can get a strimmer from B+Q for £80, that is what powers my other boat.

Good luck!  Clive...

mike64 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 September 2007 at 10:29pm

Clive

I was sitting here and considered creating a mould from the finnished hull, what your thoughts on a GRP version of the hull. I have just seen the pictures of a completed model on the index page of this forum with the number S 32 do you know what varient this is? as I hlike its clean unclutered deck area it looks fab.

Mike

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic