BMPT Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Boats (In alphabetical order) > High Speed Launches
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Vosper 35’ HSL

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ngataki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Vosper 35’ HSL
    Posted: 01 March 2007 at 8:48pm
Chaps,
Your help would be appreciated, I am in the throughs of purchasing a Vosper HSL Admiralty Barge built 1937. Photo attached.

She has suffered some mis fortune, broke off her mooring during a storm. Requires some frames replaced and refastening in areas and a re fit, she is completely gutted. I would love any feed back on her, Does anyone know whether there are any plans around for these and original photos etc.
Do the cabins appear authentic?
Feedback appreciated.

johnk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 March 2007 at 12:29pm

Hello Ngataki,

Just seen the above post, nothing to offer personally I am afraid, but I do hope others will be able to help, come to the right place to start, welcome aboard and best of luck with her.

John

davec View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2007 at 12:44am

Hull looks a lot like mine. Mine was built by Leo Robinson of Oulton Broad around 1935. Don`t have much info on her yet. Superstructure on yours probably not authentic. Look at `Target` on BMPT to get some idea. Then a bit of constructional detective work. Look for bulkhead frames in particular. These will be larger than the rest and may have a rebate to take the panelling. Once you have found any frames you will then be able to find the original cabin layout. As far as I`m can tell there were many configurations each slightly different depending on when and where they were built, and their purpose. Here`s a couple of pics.

Photo not very good, but as you can see the cabins not authentic on mine.

ngataki View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ngataki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2007 at 7:14am
Greetings Davec and johnk,

Thanks for your interest!

I have now purchased the boat so one hurdle is crossed and have a number of irons in a number of fires to glean knowledge on her history.
at this point there is a possibility that she was on HMS LEANDER , THEN HMS ACHILLES before being sold to the NZ Govt in 1946.

Will keep you all posted.

arfabuck View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arfabuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2013 at 5:39am
I have now purchased the boat so one hurdle is crossed and have a number of irons in a number of fires to glean knowledge on her history.
at this point there is a possibility that she was on HMS LEANDER , THEN HMS ACHILLES before being sold to the NZ Govt in 1946.

Newbie here, 7 years on and Dave is happy to pass the boat along. He has done a lot of research as to her history

Having just completed the restoration of a 27' Mullet boat of 1884 vintage, there will shortly be space for a new recruit.Tongue

The barge was stowed facing aft above the two life rafts adjacent to the rear mast on Achilles.

arfabuck View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arfabuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2013 at 5:43am
Having difficulty uploading a second and third pic from my computer.

Will have to put them on a generic website like photobucket to get them uploaded.

cheers, 

Art

NZBG
arfabuck View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arfabuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2013 at 6:32am
johnk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2013 at 8:01pm
Hi there,

Just seen latest, my how seven years flies! but glad to see efforts still to save this historic craft, no more than again! best wishes and hope you can find more about her, all the best,

Johnk
arfabuck View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arfabuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2013 at 10:24pm
http://www.bmpt.co.uk/uploads/1728/Queen-barge.jpg
arfabuck View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arfabuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 August 2013 at 6:27am
Hi,

Does anyone know a Phillip Simmons who sent a jpg to Paul Hayden some 7 years ago regarding a Vosper 35' Admirals Barge.

I would like to contact him re where I can get full size plans.

NMM say they do not have anything.

cheers,

Arthur

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic