BMPT Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Boats (In alphabetical order) > High Speed Launches
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

HSL 2625

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BoatBird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: HSL 2625
    Posted: 06 March 2007 at 8:07pm

Sadly lying in Billy's Yard Limassol (yard belonging to a guy called Nicos Billos).

Wood very sun-bleached, all paint gone and only the hull remains. I have taken in excess of 50 photos of various photos of her- but I would love to find out more of her history if anyone knows it!

View of the deck from the stern. She is still strong enough to walk on (with care!) but daylight can be seen through the timbers where she has been drying out for so long. It was only through close inspection that I saw her ID number- paint has long since disappeared but tracings of the numbers are still visible on the port bow.

Engine room is empty apart from an electrical conduit. There is a small enclosure behind the engine room and one large room forwards with several smaller rooms leading off. In the bow (not right at the front) the fuse box is still there!

Wheelhouse shows remains of perspex windows with holes for the 'Everclear's.

Hull is double-diagonal planked mahogany (I have a slither of wood on my table at home! Hubby confirmed my thought about it being mahogany). I cannot see her keel or tell what wood her supporting timbers are. She looks to be around the 20m mark but I will measure her sometime next week and confirm this.

On the port side mid-ships there is a large hole- worryingly circular!

Through hull holes (ie what are supposed to be there) have been blocked with pieces of wood (reason unknown).

She is in a very sorry state- very dry from the relentless Cypriot sun!

If anyone would like any more photos of her, please PM me!

northeastuser View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote northeastuser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2007 at 9:51am

More pictures please!Big ones!

BoatBird View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BoatBird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2007 at 7:28pm

But they are too big to post here  my camera is 4mp and the photos end up huge if I don't chop them down!

Email them to you???

BoatBird View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BoatBird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2007 at 7:47pm

As requested- pictures of the interior! First one.. taken from inside the hole on the port side looking at the stairs leading upstairs and the cabin/ room on the starboard side. As you can see the stairs have been removed making it hard to access the wheelhouse. The floorboards have also been removed so you have to watch where you tread!

As you come through the port side, a door way on the starboard side leads through to the bow. The small door way straight ahead leads to the crew cabin (?) while behind the wall to the left there is a small room.

The engine room looking through the stern deck. I would guess that the wooden box on the right (port side) held some sort of generator hence the electrical conduit (maybe?). I'm not sre where access to the engine room is/was- maybe just straight down through deck? It looks like the walls either end are water-tight bulkheads.

I will post a few more over the weekend, but anyone who wants more, please PM me!

(edited because spelling was awful!!!!!!!!!)

Edited by BoatBird
BoatBird View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BoatBird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2007 at 8:09pm
Photo file is 2Kb! EEk! No-where can email something that big surely???
northeastuser View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote northeastuser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2007 at 8:44pm
how about ziping them up?winzip
BoatBird View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BoatBird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 March 2007 at 7:20am
That was the zipped version! Unzipped its 3kb!!!! I think I'm going to have to do parts a b c and possibly d to get them emailed!
dgray View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dgray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 March 2007 at 10:32am
Hi,

If  they're JPG files, you'll get hardly any compression when zipped.
If you send me a  few of them, I'll put them up for you at bigger that the 50k  limit so everyone can see them.

Cheers
Don

Only a number, not even a name. How shall posterity hear of thy fame?
BoatBird View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BoatBird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 March 2007 at 4:29pm
I think I will have to add the photos to my website or something!
BoatBird View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BoatBird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 March 2007 at 5:27pm

Gave up trying to email them- they can now be seen online at http://picasaweb.google.com/katcress/2625

I am in the process of uploading and commenting on the images- I have uploaded them full size- you are more than welcome to download them for your own pleasure. If you want to use them on any website please let me know and just give me a credit (please??)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic