BMPT Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Boats (In alphabetical order) > High Speed Launches
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

HSL 2625

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marksaab Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2007 at 9:15am

Hi

Really interesting pics on your google site!

I guess they are right when they say too much sun is bad

According to Phil Simons in the same yard there should also be an Elco and a Scimitar class boat!

Mark

Only yield when you must, never "give up the ship," but fight on to the last "with a stiff upper lip!"
northeastuser View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote northeastuser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2007 at 10:46am
she almost looks savable!
BoatBird View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BoatBird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 March 2007 at 7:05am
Originally posted by marksaab marksaab wrote:

According to Phil Simons in the same yard there should also be an Elco and a Scimitar class boat!

Mark

Christian PM'd me to tell me this- any ideas on the shape of the boats I am looking for? I hope to return to Limassol next week but it may be the week after!

BoatBird View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BoatBird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 March 2007 at 3:03pm
Just heard back from the Admiralty to say that HSL was definately used by the RAF and they will be will getting back to me with more about her service history
BoatBird View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BoatBird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 April 2007 at 12:12am
Just got a reply today from the RAF Historical records... I had to email the guy my UK postal address so I guess he may have something to send me! Hope it arrives soon! Will keep you posted
S R Wilson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote S R Wilson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 April 2007 at 9:02pm
If there is an Elco in the same yard does anyone know what condition it's in? Might it be saveable and are there any known examples in the UK. I assume not, unless you know something diffrent........
SRW
"Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy" WSC.

jimmy p View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jimmy p Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 April 2007 at 9:56pm
 Think theres half a burnt Elco in a siding somewhere. If any more are known to lets hear about them. A rare beast indeed if there are any
A boat is a hole in the water surrounded by wood, into which one throws money
BoatBird View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BoatBird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 April 2007 at 12:20am
What does an Elco look like?? If I know what I am looking for I can keep an eye open next time I am at Billys Yard
Christian View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Christian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 April 2007 at 1:56pm

Hi Boatbird

It's a Higgins (rather than an Elco) and it looks just like this, courtesy of Ron Young. We were wondering if she has any markings visible to help find her original ID. The other boat is believed to be a Scimitar Class, there's a section about them on the forum and on the home page under Select A Boat.

Regards, Christian. 

jimmy p View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jimmy p Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 April 2007 at 6:31pm

Now theres a sad sight.

Are those packards hanging out the back?

A boat is a hole in the water surrounded by wood, into which one throws money
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic