BMPT Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Discussion > Modelling
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

RAF CRASH TENDER FIREBOAT

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnuk39 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: RAF CRASH TENDER FIREBOAT
    Posted: 29 April 2007 at 7:12pm

Hello i wonder if anyone can help.

I found a half made wooden raf crash tender boat in my loft and have started to try and finish the project.

I have got all the rc gear and have started to paint the boat but i am stuck on the water line i have no idea how to measure it and get it right.

I would be grateful for any advice. Thankyou

The boat is the 35 inch version

Edited by johnuk39
regards john
Christian View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Christian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 April 2007 at 9:06pm

Hi John

Go to http://www.modelfireboats.co.nr/picturecollection/fireboats1 .php

to see pictures and plans and see at which points the waterline should be on the transom corners and the stem. Mark these on the boat. To mark the line, set the model on a large flat surface, on it's stand. Make sure it is level and that the points you marked are an equal distance from the flat surface. Take a pencil and tape it firmly to a block of wood so that the point is at the same height as the marks when the block is sat on the flat surface. Holding the block at the base, carefully make a series of marks on the hull sides and transom which you can then follow with the masking tape (mark the areas around the chines particularly well as these are the hardest bits to get right). I presume you've done the black topsides, the tape should therefore be lined up with it's bottom edge level with the marks in readiness for the brick red antifoul (red primer aerosol works well). The white boot-toppings can be applied later using 3mm white pin-striping, although you will need to mask and paint the boot-top around the chine rails. This is my one;

The problems with it are; the roundels should be smaller, without the outer ring and the blue needs to be darker, the vents are too big and the cabin roof should overhang the screens. There were only ever two built, No's 93 and 94.

Regards, Christian.

johnuk39 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnuk39 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 April 2007 at 6:18pm

Thankyou for your advice i will try and see how i get on.

Your boat is a lovely looking model.

Cheers

regards john
rafwebfoot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rafwebfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2007 at 12:47pm

Hi John,  if you wish, when I get home I will e-mail you a copy of the official paint scheme for these boats showing sizes and positions for all markings

FAIR WINDS AND A FAVOURABLE TIDE
Donald
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic