BMPT Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Boats (In alphabetical order) > Scimitar Class
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Cyprus Boat

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tramontana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Cyprus Boat
    Posted: 30 April 2007 at 1:42pm

Here are the pictures of the Cyprus boat, hopefully Boatbird can tell us if she is still there;

Regards, Tramontana.

Christian View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Christian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2007 at 10:42pm

Hi Tramontana

It looks like Tonclass has identified this one as Cutlass by elimination.

Rgds, Christian.

Pioneer View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Pioneer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pioneer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2007 at 10:48pm
Just a thought here - Could it be the 'Ferocity' I wonder??
Pioneer - Forum Moderator
Christian View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Christian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2007 at 11:05pm

Hi Pioneer

Whilst bowing to your superior knowledge of FPBs my observation is that Ferocity had a different shaped bows, with far more flare from the chines up to deck level (i.e. a broader foredeck), more like the beamier Braves, and a strake running from just behind the towing eye all the way to the stern, between the chine and deck (which could have been removed). I prefer this one  as a Scimitar Class.

Regards, Christian.  

Pioneer View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Pioneer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pioneer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2007 at 10:41am

Hello Christian

Ah well, just a wishful thought, (my superior knowledge?? how embarrasing)

Pioneer - Forum Moderator
tramontana View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tramontana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2007 at 3:23pm
 Re Cutlass?hopefully if we can persaude Boatbird to have a break from bronzying in lovely Paphos, she may still be in the area as it was 5 yrs ago when I saw the boat she may well be up and running by now, the stern platform which was still fittted when I saw her had a nice curved profile underneath if that help's Tonclass, (yes I can still remember ducking out of the way of the lumps of carbon out of the funnel on a Ton when we opened the Napier Deltic's up after a period of slow running.)  
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic