BMPT Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Discussion > Where Are Those Boats Now
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

where are those boats for sale?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 36>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
burgundyben View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote burgundyben Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: where are those boats for sale?
    Posted: 02 March 2017 at 1:16pm
I see ST365 is on ebay.

Napier Lion engine wanted.
johnk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 October 2015 at 7:08pm
Hi Mark,

Many thanks, my name was appearing a bit to much! and again....yes looks like a nice vessel for not much as you say, even pay with pay pal if you have the funds in there so to speak, hmm, "MOD" standard so materials should be good? always thought? boats early 40's to around mid 50's, wood, need careful thought, albeit repairs and replacement done, and I guess even if early materials, if still holding today....all the best.

Johnk

marksaab View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marksaab Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 October 2015 at 4:57pm
Hi All
Been a while since I posted! 
Couldn't resist putting this one up
http://commercial.apolloduck.co.uk/feature.phtml?id=440807
Thats a shed load of boat for not much money at all!!!!

Mark

Edited by Pioneer - 28 October 2015 at 6:58pm
Only yield when you must, never "give up the ship," but fight on to the last "with a stiff upper lip!"
ASR1255 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ASR1255 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 July 2015 at 5:44pm

image: http://www.boatsandoutboards.co.uk/img/adphotos/505/87505_admiral-ex-raf-sea-plane-tender_img_1434575632.jpg

Admiral - EX RAF SEA PLANE TENDER
TypeClassic Motor BoatsMooring CountryUnited Kingdom
City/areaSOUTAHMPTONYear built1970
37ft ex r. A. F. Sea plane tender called halcyon it has 2 x 3. 8 bmc diesel engines that have only done 50 hours ...

Read more at http://www.boatsandoutboards.co.uk/Motorboats/Classic-Motor-Boats-for-sale?page=4#VBpckG6DdVXFUG4t.99
SAVE EM ALL
ASR1255 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ASR1255 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 July 2015 at 5:41pm

image: http://www.boatsandoutboards.co.uk/img/adphotos/744/89744_british-powerboat-company-whaleback_img_1435999520.jpg

British Powerboat Company - Whaleback
TypeClassic Motor BoatsMooring CountryUnited Kingdom
City/areaSomersetYear built1941
Up for grabs here is my 1941 British Powerboats Whaleback. First up, this boat is being sold as a project. ...

Read more at http://www.boatsandoutboards.co.uk/Motorboats/Classic-Motor-Boats-for-sale?page=3#Q2X2fZLqAcSsLkqF.99
SAVE EM ALL
johnk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2015 at 7:19pm
Hi Clive,

Many thanks, I had no real idea, fantastic....I do remember I drove past your place some years ago now, weekend with relatives, but did not think I should just drop in......thanks again, what a great bit of re-cycling of hanger!

Johnk
clive View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote clive Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2015 at 5:49pm
here you are John, a pic of my wet shed in 2009 before the quay heading on the left was re done,.. my cruiser is in there with the 'wood' transom (no varnish!) when I bought her before she was done up. 

I think it is the biggest in the country (non military) we get about 50 cruisers in there 30-45 ft..
It was a T2 aircraft hanger my dad put up in the 60s lowered in height and  lengthened to 300ft.
masbie something in the water.   www.freewebs.com/masb32/
johnk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2015 at 8:02am
Hi Ben,

Well, I plan to visit this spring, Paul has done a vessel before and I have met him on a visit to the Medway Queen last year, so I think the it will go well......

Johnk
burgundyben View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote burgundyben Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 January 2015 at 6:40pm
I've been following the blog for 2552, I just can't see how they are going to manage it.

This looks manageable for someone

http://motorboats.apolloduck.co.uk/feature.phtml?id=397991

Edited by Pioneer - 13 January 2015 at 8:50am
Napier Lion engine wanted.
johnk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 January 2015 at 8:57am
Hi Clive and Ben,

Many thanks, indeed, can be true, as per though 219 and the Childs, can be done but quite an effort of course, and Paul with 2552.....wet sheds....not heard of them before, indeed, people tarp over things, and without airflow they just rot quicker, yes cover but needs to dry as you say...

Johnk
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 36>
  Share Topic