BMPT Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Discussion > Where Are Those Boats Now
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

where are those boats for sale?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 36>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote clive Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: where are those boats for sale?
    Posted: 24 May 2007 at 7:52pm

Hi all,

I thought it would be an idea to start a topic where we could all post and discuss boats we see for sale (apollo duck/ boatshed or the boats for sale section for example)

I will lead the way by stating the obvious and saying what a great shape Victorene is and  that an ideal oportunity for one of you HDML hunters has come up (although I have no seen her) as Pride of the Dart (boats for sale section)

Also, is no one interested in Avon? unles she has deteriorated since  her work done that must be a bargain waiting for someone?

http://www.apolloduck.com/display.phtml?aid=60080

masbie something in the water.   www.freewebs.com/masb32/
marksaab View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marksaab Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2007 at 9:50pm

Hi

She does look very lovely! Just curious, did the Germans ever use diagonal planking? I'm guessing if she was English of this age she would have been diagonal planked.

I still haven't managed to find the sale add for MGB102, did find it once but didn't bookmark it....and lots of googling no result..perhaps thats why they haven't sold her yet!

I have some nice pics of the Finnish patrol boat for sale, engine room really is ALL engines, 3 x 1100+ HP brutes and the seller is throwing in 2 more as spares all for £30K!!!  

Edited by marksaab
Only yield when you must, never "give up the ship," but fight on to the last "with a stiff upper lip!"
d-zine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote d-zine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2007 at 12:34am
Hi Clive,

This one is close to my heart for obvious reasons, hope that she finds a very good home.

OSPREY Ex RTTL 2770

The asking price is 50k and the ad can be found on the following link.

www.boatsandoutboards.co.uk/view/F142841

Ad Details

"Ex-RAF "RTTL" converted for live aboard dive charters. Coded Cat 3 until 2010, 2007 annual inspection required. For full details and sales package please contact the owner. This vessel could also be converted as a house boat."

Can't get the hyperlink to work so cut and paste into your browser.

Edited by d-zine
Advance - Runaway Quickly , Runaway Quickly
d-zine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote d-zine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2007 at 12:38am
marksaab,

Will you be able to post some images of the Nuolli Class boat?
d-zine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote d-zine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2007 at 12:51am
Now this may have been mentioned previously as the ad is quite old now, you can see both boats on google earth

2 x Ex HAM CLASS MINESWEEPERS

1956 108ft training ship , twin V12 paxmans wooden hull,aluminum top sides, this vessel was converted to a training vessel by vospers thornycroft in 1993 ,foden generator ,spare generator available,new banks of batteries ,top speed 12 knots cruising range 800nm , power supply 240v and 24v dc ,440v ac, 3 phase ,toilets ,showers ,seperate cabins, .also ex mod 108ft mine sweeper in original condition avalable please phone for details.

All for the Princely sum of £58,995

The Ad can be found on the following link.

http://www.boatsandoutboards.co.uk/view/F105439/

tonclass View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonclass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2007 at 1:32am

Have spoken, this week, (via email) to 'Portishams' prospective new buyer, Shane Kennedy. (She's the ship on the left of the previous posters pic)

He is also interested in buying 'Pagham', who lies abandoned in Drummore harbour, Scotland.

No info, yet, on a buyer for 'Margheria' though

Will keep you posted.....

Rik

jimmy p View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jimmy p Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2007 at 2:53am

Firsthand report & pics of POD coming soon. Anyone know to available sterngear for her? eg rudders, shafts, props, V brackets, bearings, skin fittings ect? Price of these?

Whats Victorene up for? Looks very interesting if other ideas dont pan out. Bearing in mind she was captured, would the British boats still shoot at me when they saw her?

Lots in the pipeline besides chaps. Lets find them a home!

A boat is a hole in the water surrounded by wood, into which one throws money
northeastuser View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote northeastuser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2007 at 9:07am

Why don’t we try and get the owners of these lovely vessels to put them on the main website alongside the other boats for sale, that way the BMPT get a wee commission!

johnk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2007 at 1:58pm

Hi All,

Very interesting re the Hams, spoke before of my brief "service" aboard one many years ago, Pride of Dart, well, good to see in a way she is on offer at least, but... as you can all see from the pics, in need of a lot of TLC as stated by the yard manager!, lots of skill and or deep, deep pockets I would say. Others again in need of same, interested re reference to MGB102, obvious not MTB102! is that in fact HLS102? ex Mr Clabburn who did MGB81?. So many vessels, as talked about before, "WE" need to pick the prime examples still existing and try and do something, easy said etc I know, as ever hats off to you few doing the doing so to speak.

John

tramontana View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tramontana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2007 at 2:23pm
An interesting vessel "Victorene". She was built in 1940 at Bremen for the Bundesmarine, one of six, some were fitted with a 400hp M.W.M. Diesel engine  and others with Deutz they also had a controllable pitch propellor, they were based at the highly secret Torpedo testing base at Ekernford and classed as Torpedofangsboot a.k.a. torpedo recovery craft.  Operated at 12kts they were not built to chase torpedo's only to recover them on the Port Side which had extra planking on ( a bit like the Ton's with the acoustic side sweeps). After the War she was handed over to Portland Test Centre as T.R.C.16 and at sometime fitted with a Paxman Ricardo engine whilst in Naval Service, S.O.C. 1964.,She is Oak on Iron frames.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 36>
  Share Topic