BMPT Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Discussion > Where Are Those Boats Now
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

where are those boats for sale?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 36>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote northeastuser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2007 at 2:55pm

I have the Voctorene  as diagonal planked with outer layer planked for and aft, will be taking a look at her this weekend. Will also discus the legal situation re ownership. Yard in dispute with owner.engines and running gear missing.

marksaab View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marksaab Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2007 at 6:27pm

Hi All

Yes it should have been HSL102 Here is the link http://www.yachtworld.com/core/listing/cache/searchResults.j sp?cit=true&slim=quick&ybw=&sm=3&is=false&am p;man=HSL&hmid=104&ftid=0&enid=0&fromLength= &toLength=&luom=126&fromYear=&toYear=&fr omPrice=&toPrice=&currencyid=1005&city=&cint =295&pbsint=&boatsAddedSelected=-1&ps=30

81 is also up sale according to a broker list I just saw.

I will post pics of the Finn boat when I upload them to photobucket, I will just ask the seller first but it should be ok, I think i may have got his hopes up when i asked for more info!

M

Only yield when you must, never "give up the ship," but fight on to the last "with a stiff upper lip!"
clive View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote clive Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2007 at 7:59pm
The interior of HSL 102 looks really good, its a pitty there are no up  to date exterior photos I would like to see her from the outside but we are a long way apart!
masbie something in the water.   www.freewebs.com/masb32/
johnk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2007 at 11:07pm

Hi there,

I see, so both 81 and 102 are up for sale then, 81 for sometime I think at 500,000? if only they could be "bought for the nation" and run as a trust, the idea of power boat restorations was to have an "historic flight" of the seas I believe. A lot of money put in to restore them of course so hence high price, I guess in a way if some one has that sort of money then they can afford the up keep, much discussed already. As I said, 81 been up for sale for sometime, so no body yet, it would take a real enthusiast, when you think you could get something in plastic for that sort of money!.

John

tramontana View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tramontana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2007 at 2:17pm
I have to agree you would have to be interested in the historical aspect's of these boat's to buy one as they are a bit sparce in the comfort zone down below and if you try to fit comfort you add weight. Nevertheless the workmanship is superb and they should be bought on behalf of the nation, hopefully not to be put in a Museum but as living thing's on the water.They are a lot of money for what to some people consider to be high maintenance old wooden boat's but as we love them we would, given the chance buy them or other's which have such an amazing history behind them. They are a crowd puller in amongst the tupperware, just like a Gold Star amongst a load of Wakasaki's.
dgray View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dgray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2007 at 3:52pm
Interesting affordable classic - perhaps not a 'war boat' but a TV star - sort of.

http://www.boatsandoutboards.co.uk/view/F147087/

Don

Only a number, not even a name. How shall posterity hear of thy fame?
clive View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote clive Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2007 at 5:13pm
looks lika a bargain, surely that should be floating galley?!!
masbie something in the water.   www.freewebs.com/masb32/
northeastuser View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote northeastuser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2007 at 5:27pm
That would make a nice work boat!!! or perhaps a tug!!
Christian View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Christian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 June 2007 at 6:51pm
Christian View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Christian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 June 2007 at 9:03am

The RAF dinghy advert shown above has had the following update;

On 04-Jun-07 at 14:01:23 BST, seller added the following information:

STOP PRESS

WE HAVE JUST HAD INFORMATION REPORTING THAT THIS MAY WELL BE THE LAST REMAINING BRITISH POWER BOAT 16FT PLANING DINGHY. 

THERE WERE AROUND 40 OF THESE CRAFT USED BY THE RAF AS 'WATER TAXIS' FROM 1931 ONWARDS. 

THE LAST BATCH WAS ORDERED IN 1940 AND ALL WERE OUT OF SERVICE BY THE  MID 1940S.

THIS INFORMATION WAS GIVEN TO US BY THE RAF MARINE CRAFT HISTORIAN.

It has 3 days to go, and there is one bid at £75.00

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 36>
  Share Topic