BMPT Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Discussion > Where Are Those Boats Now
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

where are those boats for sale?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 36>
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rozm2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 June 2007 at 10:10am
Originally posted by Christian Christian wrote:

It has 3 days to go, and there is one bid at £75.00

I'd love it, I've got a little 4hp Brit Minor marine engine with gearbox that'd power it (not on the plane though!) but it's too far away to be practical, someone's going to take it on anyway, nice little thing though!

clive View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote clive Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 June 2007 at 10:49am

Hi rozm2,

Did you get the engine off ebay a couple of weeks ago? I saw one which went for £40 (i think)

I too would like it but I have enough projects and it is a way away from me (says the man with a boat in Gib!)

Edited by clive
masbie something in the water.   www.freewebs.com/masb32/
rozm2 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rozm2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 June 2007 at 11:49am
Originally posted by clive clive wrote:

Hi rozm2,

Did you get the engine off ebay a couple of weeks ago? I saw one which went for £40 (i think

Mine came from a local auction for £28 (plus a pair of jeans where the oil tank emptied onto my trousers!), great little engine, dry sump, overhead cam, runs well, though I had to bring the mag in to sit on the aga for 1/2 an hour before it ran properly, very nicely made, hand start onto camshaft with a decompressor to get speed up, just need a nice small wooden boat to put it in, only 4hp so up to about 16 foot would probably be as much as it'd manage.

clive View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote clive Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 June 2007 at 11:57am

Sounds great!

I did not go for the one I saw as I have a shed full of stuart turners and british anzanis plus weird and wonderful others this is why I must refrain from buying more stuff but I may have to put a bid in on the launch!

Edited by clive
Christian View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Christian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 June 2007 at 12:04pm

Excellent, can rafwebfoot dig out a photo of one in service?

Please e-mail it to me and I'll post on the forum if you like.

It would be sad to see another "last of class" go AWOL, I wonder if anyone took on Regulus ex Hawk the very last BPB Bird Class? 

Christian View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Christian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 June 2007 at 12:14pm

This is what I've found, I don't know if they all portray the right size though. The one in the middle is courtesy of Ted Shute, the others are off Servicepals. 

Edited by Christian
clive View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote clive Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 June 2007 at 8:06pm

Cheers Christian,

I thought I had seen a picture of something similar but the cabin was not there, I know nothing about this type of craft so was wondering wether it is an addition.

Also, how do we know she is BPB, and what engine would she have had?

I have bid on her, if I do not get her I hope she gets restored or put in a dry shed.

dgray View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dgray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 June 2007 at 8:28pm
I do hope you get her Clive.   She's a bit of a basket case but could be lovely again.  Much nicer without the superstructure but I believe some originally had a superstructure (I have a photo of one somewhere).

She'd be a nice backyard project.  Like you, I hope she's saved and not hacked about anymore. 

Cheers
Don

Only a number, not even a name. How shall posterity hear of thy fame?
clive View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote clive Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 June 2007 at 10:00pm

Hi Don,

you say  she is a basket case, I know most wooden boats for sale are but have you seen her?

Remember what I said before about never finding less rot than you expected (506) well I am hoping all she will need is a coat of paint!!!

lets see how crazy the public is or wether they have information we don't and bid loads for her. Hopefully I will not end up with a problem, at worst I will win the auction and end up with a boat in safe storage for a while until someone wants to restore her, but the plan is to get her into a useable condition to use myself (if I 'win')

clive View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote clive Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 June 2007 at 11:10pm

bit worrying, I asked the question about wether prop/rudder was present, here is the reply....

It is very dark in the barn. I thought that it would have had an outboard motor, which is not there now. Would that have had the rudder and propellor attached to that? As you can see, I know nothing about boats, so really can't help you much. Isn't the photo of the back of the boat any help?

I do not know who identified her but would want to be a bit more cirtain before bidding too much for or spending half a day collecting an old dinghy!!

Can someone please confirm

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 36>
  Share Topic