BMPT Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Discussion > Steam Gunboats
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Gas Turbine Propulsion

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Explosion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Gas Turbine Propulsion
    Posted: 16 March 2005 at 10:53am
HMS Grey Goose was converted to gas turbine propulsion by Vospers. If anybody has details of this conversion and/or photographs of the vessel after conversion, I would be very pleased to hear from them.
Explosion
Tim Deacon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim Deacon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 March 2005 at 11:03am

You probably know this already......HMS Grey Goose is at present moored at Port Werburg, Hoo, Kent, as  a houseboat. I went up there after Christmas to see a friend of mine who lives on an ex-Polish MGB. She's looking good and well looked after!

cducane View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cducane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 April 2005 at 7:42pm
I have a photo of Grey Goose after conversion at Vospers should you wish me to e-mail it to you but you will have to let me have your e-address
crusade
spsage View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spsage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2005 at 10:48pm

Please can anyone help.

My Uncle served on HMS Grey Goose in WW2 when it was commanded by Sir Peter Scott. Could the HMS Grey Goose you mention still serving as a house boat in Kent be the same wartime boat that was converted after the war OR was it a new boat built by Vospers in the early 1950's ?

Would anyone mind emailing any photos of the houseboat if available as I'm sure my uncle would be chuffed to see or even hear of it's existance.

Best regards

Simon Sage

Swanny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Swanny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 December 2005 at 11:56pm

Originally posted by cducane cducane wrote:

I have a photo of Grey Goose after conversion at Vospers should you wish me to e-mail it to you but you will have to let me have your e-address

I live on the Gray Goose now my Name is Jake

i live on HMS GRay Goose
Swanny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Swanny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 December 2005 at 11:57pm
Originally posted by Tim Deacon Tim Deacon wrote:

You probably know this already......HMS Grey Goose is at present moored at Port Werburg, Hoo, Kent, as  a houseboat. I went up there after Christmas to see a friend of mine who lives on an ex-Polish MGB. She's looking good and well looked after!

I live on Gray Goose now down in Port Werburgh

i live on HMS GRay Goose
Roger P View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roger P Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 January 2006 at 11:31pm

Greetings from OZ,

I too would love a photo of 'Grey Goose' as she is now. Could you please send one/some to

debrogerp@hotmail.com

Thanks,

Roger Pearson. Bendigo, Australia.

Roger Pearson.
Bendigo, Victoria, Australia.

"Roger's Little Ships".
Modelling Allied Light Coastal Forces 1914-1945.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic