BMPT Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Boats (In alphabetical order) > Range Safety Launches
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

what ever happened to.........

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote barnacle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: what ever happened to.........
    Posted: 22 July 2007 at 12:44am
either of my old RSL's... 1656 and 1668? spent many happy hours running around the Plymouth area in those two
clive View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote clive Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 July 2007 at 11:31am

Hi Barnacle,

I do have the answer (as at 2005) but I'd better leave it rafwebfoot to tell you as it is his book I got the answer from!

masbie something in the water.   www.freewebs.com/masb32/
chubbs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chubbs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 September 2008 at 5:53pm
Hi Barnicle
Haven't you got Donalds book yet, It's well worth the tenner
Chubby
rafwebfoot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rafwebfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 June 2009 at 6:59am
The whereabouts  of 1656 is unknown although it is thought that she may have been broken up as an unidentified RSL (much converted) was spotted out of the water at Coxside Sea Centre, Plymouth in May 1984. She is thought to be 1656. 
1668 however is in excellent shape after being fully restored and can be seen in the Cardiff area now named PEMBREY
FAIR WINDS AND A FAVOURABLE TIDE
Donald
Susser View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 July 2016 at 8:30am
Does anyone know if the RSL in Howth Harbour is destined for better things? I saw it a year ago and it's taken me this long to find out what it is. Been barking up some wrong trees etc.
Susser
Susser View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 July 2016 at 8:54am
I'll upload an image or two once I've managed to reduce the file size.
Susser
Susser View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 July 2016 at 9:51am
Drat. I can't upload an image as I can't make the file size small enough.
Susser
Susser View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 July 2016 at 10:16am
HERE !!! gasp swoon.

http://s4.photobucket.com/user/susser/library/RSL

http://s4.photobucket.com/user/susser/slideshow/RSL

Please, someone, tell me this boat has a better future than it currently appears to be !!!!
Susser
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic