BMPT Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Boats (In alphabetical order) > Motor Torpedo Boats
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

nuoli class, finnish mtb

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 7>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote two stroke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2007 at 4:50pm
yes, this is the boat i'm refering to, you obviously live in this neck of the woods aswell d-zine, i googled for info on this type of boat and your post came up first, i didn't have time to search further, unbeknown to me you had already posted pictures. anyway i believe the mooring is free as one of the owners works for sww. there intention was to take it into the city dock, but due to the lift bridge refurb problems they haven't been able to move it and i think some parts were needed for the engine aswell. i have tried to contact the owner by phone ,but no luck so far, i would like to hear the growl of those v12's on full song or tickover for that matter!!! 
mtb's rock
d-zine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote d-zine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2007 at 5:38pm
Hi two stroke,

I live in the North East, however I have been visiting my family down on the South West coast recently. I first found out about the Nuoli when one (this one?) was for sale on apolloduck.com about 18 months ago. The seller was a chap called "Topi Sario" (spelling is probably wrong), he later told me that the boat had been sold to a buyer in the UK. He also mentioned another boat that was up for sale in better nick and with guns at 40,000GBP.

Keep the forum updated on progress if you can, its a very interesting boat.

Edited by d-zine
Advance - Runaway Quickly , Runaway Quickly
two stroke View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote two stroke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2007 at 7:24pm

Hi d-zine,

Yes i will do my best to keep this forum up to date on this boat, i also am interested in classic bikes and have got a 1984 RD350 YPVS 31K red/white/blue which i bought in Hull, also i have a radio controlled model from the sixties of a german lifeboat THEODORE HEUSS, i will now look forward to looking around this forum and the info you have provided on MTB's.

mtb's rock
johnk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 August 2007 at 6:30pm

Hi Again,

Most interesting to see the above now in UK, I saw here to advertised ashore in Finland a while back, quite a job to get her sorted then all the way over here! well done who ever it was, hope to see her about sometime perhaps, that rally we have talked about....ships arriving by the week! FSMB Asco of course was on the Gloucester canal during renovation, so hopes there.

JohnK

marksaab View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marksaab Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 August 2007 at 7:41pm

Hi All!

Just got back from a rather long drive to Exeter and back from London, I was visiting a customer at Countess Weir Treatment works, nice day for a change So after business chat we got onto other things, I mentioned a passing interest in patrol boats etc and he says "we have one of these here...a couple of chaps on the works bought it"! Had look and of course its the same boat.

I got a little of the history but the owners been on holiday so thats why he's out of touch at the mo, he is back next week, I am back their in 2 weeks so the plan is for me to meet him and hopefully take a few pics inside which I will post here.

I think the other one in Finland is still available, I think I found it on Google earth once! Its certainly more complete.

Be good to get the full story of their rather epic trip from Finland/Sweden, apparently the plan is to use her for fishing trips!

Mark

Edited by marksaab
Only yield when you must, never "give up the ship," but fight on to the last "with a stiff upper lip!"
marksaab View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marksaab Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 August 2007 at 8:30pm

Hi

Found a few pics of the Nuoli that I think is still for sale, I have loads more the seller sent me on my office PC, pics posted with sellers permission

Only yield when you must, never "give up the ship," but fight on to the last "with a stiff upper lip!"
marksaab View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marksaab Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 August 2007 at 12:35pm

A few pics of her engines are here

Note the Russian text on the engine!

Well that should mean spares are easy to come by...plenty of dirt cheap V12 Russian diesels about!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote two stroke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 August 2007 at 9:43pm

Nice pictures, that unsold boat looks in good shape, i doubt the exeter boat is quite as good as that inside, but still a great boat, i text'd one of the owners urging him to check out this forum, telling him that there were alot of people very interested in this boat and that there was alot of knowledgeable people who use this site and would be very useful to him, he answered "thankyou we will" so i do hope that they become members and keep the forum up to date with its progress, i don't care for the fishing but i would like to be a paying passenger!!!

mtb's rock
marksaab View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marksaab Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 August 2007 at 10:27pm

Hi Two Stroke!

Had word that I may be able to get inside her week after next! Let you know how it goes, post an update if you get more info your end.

Thinking about maybe we could go mob handed! Be worth asking the owners if we can do a group visit?

Mark

Edited by marksaab

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote two stroke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 August 2007 at 11:52pm
Hi Mark, i'm up for that, i work in Exeter and can get there any time at quite short notice, so if something goes down give me a shout, i'll p.m you my phone number just in case!!
mtb's rock
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 7>
  Share Topic