BMPT Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Boats (In alphabetical order) > S-130
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

S-130 restoration progress

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
johnk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: S-130 restoration progress
    Posted: 03 January 2018 at 8:38am
Hi there,

Ah, welcome on board, by shear coincidence I have a book on WW2 German vessels, with some pics of E and R boats, I am dispatching to Kevin Wheatcroft for his interest....but no, I have not heard anything else re S130 of late.....they did run all the episodes of Combat Dealers on Quest the other day, and two had her featured....but as I say, nothing feared, be great to know for sure, all the best,

Johnk
alexis lambert View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alexis lambert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 December 2017 at 8:45pm
Any news on this boat?  Cant find anything.  Is it viewable?
johnk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 January 2015 at 12:31pm
Hi there,

Many thanks for this, direct of course to the article rather than my convoluted way, ah I to did not know that......as per great progress on MTB 219, so great to see more CF craft being saved, just had latest All at Sea paper delivered to the marina, and heads up on Gosport show with people standing on the bow of Medusa....thanks again,

Johnk
Pioneer View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Pioneer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pioneer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 January 2015 at 11:52am
The latest article from the BBC can be seen at http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-devon-27312953
Pity that it does not mention the first phase of the disaster - ie the Allied shelling of the practise beach head.
Pioneer - Forum Moderator
johnk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 January 2015 at 10:13am
sorry typo should read Slapton Sands....

johnk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 January 2015 at 10:12am
Hi there,

Well, time flies, see my last post above in 2011.....well just seen on BBC on-line news, talking about operation Tiger, and also about S130 and her ongoing restoration, item seems to have dropped of the page now, but if you do a search under Slapton Sans, top right book, it comes up as first item, article dated though 10th so guess that's why it has dropped out but very interesting....

Johnk
johnk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 December 2011 at 3:44pm
Hi there,

Well, on www.s30.co.uk and look under Roving commissions, they have an update for the 22/11/11 but can't actually identify what has been updated that recently......believe the project still moves forward though.

Johnk
burgundyben View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote burgundyben Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2011 at 10:23am
No update on the s130 website for a long time, is the project still going on? Anyone know?
Napier Lion engine wanted.
johnk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 August 2010 at 9:10am
Saw the tail end of another bit on S130 on the Friday BBC News at 1800 hours, can't get a replay though on the i-player,  to do with the pictures they have of the hand over of the vessel in 1943, people working away on her, hope not just for the cameras! per problems with Donnington Park which Mr Wheatcroft is involved with, the museum bit I believe though, no update on the site for a while, albeit I think there was the sad loss of Mr Wheatcroft SNR last year,

Johnk
johnk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2009 at 9:39am
Hi Mark,

Yes, indeed not going to be cheap, updates coming through for October though, interesting pictures of her being handed over, no plans for a return anytime soon, but certainly keeping an eye on her, all the best,

Johnk
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic