BMPT Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Boats (In alphabetical order) > High Speed Launches
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

HSL 2552

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: HSL 2552
    Posted: 11 November 2007 at 11:08pm

i took this on the leeds liverpool canal near tarleton/river ribble sea lock, last week,

apparently its hsl 2552

and its afloat!!

Christian View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Christian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2007 at 9:13am

Hi John

Thanks for the superb photos, the rest of us are here;

http://www.bmpt.org.uk/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=177&PN= 1&TPN=29

But I have to say it makes more sense right here.

Perhaps a new topic, Pioneer? Can everything so far be moved?

archie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote archie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2007 at 9:28pm
Tarleton boatyard have given the owner of 2552 my e-mail address, so hopefully I may get some more info as to whats happening with the boat and maybe some past history,
Archie
archie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote archie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2007 at 9:57pm

Maybe this is the wrong forum for this but bear with me I'm new!

The HSL's had Napier Sea Lion engines, in the Vietnam war the Norwegian supplied 'Nasty' class boats had Napier Deltic engines!

Archie
rafwebfoot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rafwebfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 November 2007 at 6:55am

Hi folks,

2552 as a post war RTTL.

FAIR WINDS AND A FAVOURABLE TIDE
Donald
biscuits View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote biscuits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2010 at 10:55am
Can anyone help me out with this boat? I'm trying to find a good price and a fair home for it, perhaps a maritime museum with the ability to restore it. Are there agents for this kind of work, or could someone perhaps suggest a next point of contact with an interest in this kind of sale?
biscuits View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote biscuits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2010 at 1:37pm

that should be a fair price and a good home. I'm helping the owner out, but if that kind of nonsense typing keeps up then I'll be no use at all.

johnk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2010 at 1:54pm
Hi there,

Just seen your post, well, sorry to say perhaps not a lot of options, someone else might take her on, depends on condition, location and price, given climate today I am afraid we have seen a number of craft that perhaps would have been nice to save at least, go to the wall.

Johnk
jimmy p View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jimmy p Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2011 at 2:22am
At risk of sounding like a total mercenary. Price wanted? Clear of fees & full ownership if taken on ect? work needed to stabilise? current storage costs? Ect ect...
The h&d are nowhere near as pretty as the whalebacks but they are better seaboats by far. Ok this will prob cost me 100k in the endgame but don't have the initial 50k outlay for the s32 and 145 for her history would be a fools errand to one man.
Know what i'll be taking on after a mk1 eyeball and a bit of prodding with a penknife. Of course if lanroc, pelican or robrina are a clearout price and saveable with optimism then all bets are off. Until then i'm a decent joiner and interested!
A boat is a hole in the water surrounded by wood, into which one throws money
PaulJolliffe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulJolliffe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 October 2012 at 4:13pm
I'm the new owner of HSL 2552 and I'm planning on restoring her over the coming years (10-15). I was wondering if anyone had the original builders plans or know where I could get them from?

Cheers

- Paul
- Paul

http://hsl2552.co.uk
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic