BMPT Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Boats (In alphabetical order) > Pinnace Class
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

60’ asr pinnace

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ASR1255 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 60’ asr pinnace
    Posted: 17 February 2008 at 10:27pm

Does anyone know how to get hold of ken crossley the model builder he has a photograph of pinnaces in herbert woods yard at potter heigham during the war my pinnace 1255/1411 was built here in 1942 and returned here for upgrades it would be nice to hope i can find some photos of her any help is most appreciated

thanks steve

SAVE EM ALL
ASR1255 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ASR1255 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 June 2009 at 6:42pm
HELLO ALL.
HAS ANYONE GOT ANY CLOSE UPS OF ASR PINNACES,EITHER INTERIOR SHOTS OR EXTERIOR WOULD BE VERY INTERESTING AND HELPFULL, PREFERABLY IN WARTIME GUISE OR ORIGINAL. BY NEXT YEAR I WILL BE STARTING TO REBUILD 1255'S SUPERSTUCTURE AS PER ORIGINAL, EXCEPT I WILL HAVE TO USE IROKO BECAUSE OF THE PRICE OF TEAK NEEDED WAS JUST TOO DEAR. I HAVE INSTEAD GOT A 32FTX3FT IROKO BUTT ALL SLABBED UP AND SEASONING.
                  THANKS
                              STEVE

SAVE EM ALL
johnk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 June 2009 at 9:27am
Hi Steve,

Great news on 1255, I know you have had a long job on this one! sorry have no pics, but sure this is the place to ask, be great of course to see her out and about,

Johnk
2770 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2770 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 November 2009 at 2:18pm
Hi there. This may be of interest to you. A 60ft three leg pinnace ( originaly out of RAF Calshot where she was paid off) was used in the 1971 movie "Catch me a spy" (Kirk Douglas) as a Brit PT boat and displays her original RAF number. The German one in the movie is a wartime HDML.
ASR1255 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ASR1255 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2009 at 4:01pm
HI 2770
Welcome aboard and thanks for the film tip will keep an eye out for it.

STEVE
SAVE EM ALL
ASR1255 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ASR1255 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2009 at 4:15pm
    • just thought to post this of my baby as now,hope it is of interest.
    • thanks  steve.
SAVE EM ALL
johnk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 November 2009 at 8:53am
Hi Steve and 2770,

Must see if I can spot the film, and wow steve looking good! not around the boatyard these days as my "boat" and I parted company, how are things going? be something to see for sure on the dear old Medway, all the best,

Johnk
2770 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2770 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 November 2009 at 10:43am
Many thanks for the welcome.Smile

There is not a lot of boat footage, most ended up on the cutting room floor Cry. However what is left is near the end.
johnk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 November 2009 at 3:51pm
No problem, thanks again
Johnk
The Pom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Pom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2009 at 4:33am
Hi Steve,

If you would like to send me your email address to pjwallis2@bigpond.com I have a good photo of a 60' asr Pinnace that I nearly purchased in 1966 that I will email to you.

Cheers,

The Pom
Peter W
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic