BMPT Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Boats (In alphabetical order) > Pinnace Class
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

60’ asr pinnace

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Christian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2009 at 9:28pm
ASR1255 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ASR1255 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 November 2009 at 6:27pm

Well yet again  Christian comes up trumps!

Thankyou for the links very interesting stuff.

Cheers
Steve
SAVE EM ALL
Nuthatch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nuthatch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 November 2009 at 9:41am
Hi all

Was looking for your photo's but the link was blank? is it me?

Paul
Paul Hopley
2770 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2770 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2009 at 10:33pm
The links seem to work ok.

Is that a Boulton Paul gun turret on the stern of the first launch? A similar turret has sat in an Argyllshire farm courtyard for many years, minus the weapons and plexiglass.
ASR1255 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ASR1255 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 November 2010 at 7:00pm

Well 1255 has got a shock coming! Hopefully I will put her into my dry dock that I have just bought, during the Christmas break where she will be stripped back to bare wood inside and out, and then epoxy and glass cloth sheathed, on the outside and repainted on the inside. She will stay in this dock until she is finished any tips on epoxy sheathing will be welcome although I've don't this work many times before just not on this scale hope the pic's are of some interest
my email is mistraman@gmail.co.uk
steve
SAVE EM ALL
ASR1255 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ASR1255 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 November 2010 at 7:03pm
oop's forgot to ask, is that gun turret still in that field? if so, would you know how to contact the farmer? as I would love to have a real one to put back on 1255 or even to use as a pattern.

Thanks
Steve
SAVE EM ALL
robinb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robinb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 January 2011 at 4:42pm
hi did you manage to contact Ken Crossley? he is a friend of mine? you can contact him on ken.crossley1@ntworld.com
robin

Edited by Pioneer - 02 January 2011 at 11:36pm
dgray View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dgray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2011 at 6:18pm
Hi Steve,
I presume you've seen this photo of 1225
 http://asrmcs-club.com/boatswebsite/gallery/1225/
Cheers
Don

Edited by Pioneer - 07 June 2011 at 8:14am
Don

Only a number, not even a name. How shall posterity hear of thy fame?
ASR1255 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ASR1255 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 2011 at 10:02pm
Hi Don thanks for that i need to keep up with these things a bit more but on a slightly different note have you seen ebay under boat projects something interesting for the more adventurous or silly of us
thanks
Steve
SAVE EM ALL
dgray View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dgray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2011 at 2:18pm
Hi Steve,
The H&D e-bay project is Waaay too big a project for any one individual.
I hope she's saved though.

Did you ever get the gun turret?  I have a one page drawing for a 1940 Boulton & Paul quad turret by John Lambert.  I can post to you if you need.

Cheers
Don

Don

Only a number, not even a name. How shall posterity hear of thy fame?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic