BMPT Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Boats (In alphabetical order) > Motor Torpedo Boats
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Naval steamboat T4

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 17>
Author
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Naval steamboat T4
    Posted: 23 February 2008 at 12:26am
I am looking for information on a boat 'called T4' which was converted into a ferry/workboat at thorncroft yard at hampton court. 45' double diagonal on oak. possible MTB boat hull 103 or R104. can you shed light on the matter or source photos, or archive links
cheers
johnk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 February 2008 at 9:07am

Hi Boat T4,

Sorry have nothing to offer in terms of info, but hopefully you have come to the right place, from your strap line, did your vessel come from e-bay?!, best of luck with her,

Johnk

Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 February 2008 at 11:12am

She was bought from ebay 2 or 3 years ago. with no super structure and rotten decks. I used old army bedford lorry tarps to put over a canvas roof, and have been trying to repaint her hull, lots of filler and sanding and corking. cost me £52. Situated Kennet & Avon Canal Wiltshire.

cheers ant

Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 February 2008 at 11:15am
was owned by the owner of Mr Toots which is now up for sale on this site, he salvaged her and took out the engine.
johnk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 February 2008 at 2:06pm

Thanks for that, low price but lot of work! all the best,

JohnK

Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 February 2008 at 4:53pm
the day i bought T4
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 February 2008 at 4:55pm
 the shed is ww11  thornycrofts hampton court yard
tramontana View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tramontana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 February 2008 at 5:28pm
 At least it floats which isn't bad for £52!!Looks ex navy pinnace of some type to me, historic background shot, found any numbers carved anywhere,
tramontana View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tramontana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 February 2008 at 5:50pm
As an afterthought I have a feeling she might be a former Dartmouth Naval College training boat.
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 February 2008 at 6:41pm
 will follow up all leads, cheers
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 17>
  Share Topic