BMPT Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Discussion > The Trust
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Motor Launches of WW2

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Corkerrys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 February 2018 at 10:13am
i think this is related to my post ref J S Burrough who died on 3 July 45, can you please get in touch

regards 

shaun  
Corkerrys View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Corkerrys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 February 2018 at 1:55pm
e mailed you many thanks

13stow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 13stow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2020 at 4:43pm
Hi,

my mother used to stay with the family as a child and struck up a friendship with Jack (as she knew him). I have a few photographs buried somewhere. She used to sew his army buttons on for him & his last letter to her said he was bringing a present back for her. I think it hit her hard and (unknown by my father) we three were all named for Jack.

Jane
Corkerrys View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Corkerrys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2020 at 5:41pm
Hi 

John is commemorated on the War memorial here in Galgate lancaster, desperate to find a pic of him for a book i am working on, is that something you could help with?

kind regards 

Shaun Corkerry 
knockerw View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote knockerw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2020 at 5:36am
Dear All - my Dad was 247 MB in Italy then Venice have some details and pictures which I shall post here ...he was General Morgans launch man with a few others so had interesting time in Naples before moving North to Venice. Nick
Nick 247MB Coy
knockerw View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote knockerw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2020 at 5:40am
I mate - My dad also 247 Naples and Venice Nick
Nick 247MB Coy
John Cater View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Cater Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 January 2021 at 8:41pm
You may be interested to know that the 'Forgotten Fleet' of motorboats in RASC 247Coy is now subject of a new memorial (Mem 20, Garden 2) of the Allied Special Forces Memorial Grove at the National Arboretum, Alrewas. My father Len Cater is featured but the memorial is intended to acknowledge the contribution of all RASC motorboat crews to Allied special forces operations throughout WW2.Details can be seen in www.whoplantswins.info online.

I'd be delighted to hear from relatives of RASC 247 Coy members as I am still trying to trace details of my dad's activities. He was severely wounded at Dieppe in 1942 and served in the Mediterranean and Adriatic in 1943-45. I don't know the name of his boat.
see Memorial 20, Garden 2 at ASFMG, National Arboretum and www.whoplantswins.info
knockerw View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote knockerw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 January 2021 at 11:37am
Kevin I believe my dad was 797 in Naples happy to send over a few pictures
Nick 247MB Coy
knockerw View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote knockerw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 January 2021 at 11:49am
Will post some pictures of Naples asap
Nick 247MB Coy
knockerw View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote knockerw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 January 2021 at 12:01pm
John thanks for update - I look forward to a visit there to think on all 247 ....Nick
Nick 247MB Coy
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic