Forum Home Forum Home > Boats (In alphabetical order) > Gay Class Boats
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Latest on GA

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Pioneer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pioneer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Latest on GA
    Posted: 14 July 2008 at 11:50am
Here are two very recent pictures of the ex-HMS Gay Archer. Looking spotless (as always) being prepared for the trip to the Bristol Regatta.

Edited by Pioneer - 14 July 2008 at 12:14pm
Pioneer - Forum Moderator
johnk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2008 at 1:05pm
Indeed, looking spotless as you say, what was the date of the Bristol regatta? bit of a haul for me from here but if off might think of it, PM me if more appropriate, many thanks,

Johnk
Pioneer View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Pioneer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pioneer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2008 at 6:25pm
Latest news - not yet confirmed - is that the the ex HMS Gay Archer is not returning to Watchet but staying at a cheaper mooring in Bristol - rumours are that a local Sea Cadet unit is involved.
johnk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2008 at 1:25am
Hi there,

Now this is interesting, just heard from a contact in Bristol that the regatta is on this weekend, did not get a response from post further up so to speak, was just in Bristol with this contact on Wednesday, so don't fancy "popping" up from Kent tomorrow. However, as ever, wish the vessel and owner well, and if going to Bristol and involving my old organisation the SCC, good news indeed, may be going to Bristol a lot soon, so perhaps I can finally catch up with her and see her for myself.

JohnK
Pioneer View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Pioneer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pioneer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 August 2008 at 12:58pm
Belay my last Pipe!
GA is back at Watchet (after a successful trip to Bristol). The mooring move is to be later in the year.
Pioneer View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Pioneer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pioneer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 June 2010 at 9:03am
marksaab View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marksaab Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2010 at 12:08pm
Nice Daily Mail article, good pics!  But I thought Gay Dragoon was in TSTDOS?
Only yield when you must, never "give up the ship," but fight on to the last "with a stiff upper lip!"
Pioneer View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Pioneer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pioneer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2010 at 1:06pm
True 'marksaab', Gay Dragoon did have a major part in that film (as P1087) - but - there is a sequence in that film where you can see a good selection of the 2nd Flotilla, 'Archer could be probably one of those other craft.

Edited by Pioneer - 28 June 2010 at 1:06pm
johnk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2010 at 6:39pm
Hi there,

Yes, nice article, but confused, I thought she was diesel powered now? by no means as cheap as it used to be for sure, I know as I work in the marina business,  but great stuff,  great idea of a south coast trip, along with our other craft, MTB 102, Medusa.

Johnk
Pioneer View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Pioneer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pioneer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 September 2011 at 9:51am
An interesting recent video of the ex-Gay Archer has surfaced on the Veteran's web site.
See HERE
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic