BMPT Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Discussion > Modelling
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

my whaleback 1/32

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mickrik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: my whaleback 1/32
    Posted: 05 September 2008 at 8:41pm
my a s r l 1/32  started as a astec hull and cabin  but remodelling
it turned out not bad
happy to meet you all
mickrik View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mickrik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 September 2008 at 8:43pm
happy to meet you all
mickrik View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mickrik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 September 2008 at 8:46pm
happy to meet you all
Pioneer View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Pioneer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pioneer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 September 2008 at 8:39am
Hello 'mickrik'
I moved your 'posts' into your first 'Topic' - just to try and keep the Forum tidy etc.
A lovely model by the way' well done and thank you for sharing it with us. Thumbs%20Up
Pioneer - Forum Moderator
mickrik View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mickrik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 September 2008 at 2:57pm
thanks pioneer sorry about the messup  but i will try harder next time

happy to meet you all
sx976 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sx976 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2008 at 4:30pm
Nice job !!
I also have the Astec Whaleback kit but did not start it as the cabin area is so non-scale. Your post has encouraged me to have a go when I get time.

I am currently doing a slow kit bash myself. I have the Model Slipway kit of Vosper RTTL Mk 1b 2754 and am in the process of making a mould to vacform the superstructure of Mk 1a 2748. The reason for doing this is that I can remember seeing 2748 at RAF Felixstowe when I was a youngster.
mickrik View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mickrik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2008 at 8:50pm
hiya sx976
i have just finished  an r ttl  vosper in 1/24 scale  i will post pictures when i take them
it has twin shafts twin rudders two model direct 777 motors and twin esc running
off two 7.2v buggy packs yet to try on local lake yet speak soon
happy to meet you all
mickrik View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mickrik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2008 at 8:58pm
the rttl vosper supperstucture you are after there is one on show at r af hendon
hope this helps mick
happy to meet you all
sx976 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sx976 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 September 2008 at 12:29pm
Originally posted by mickrik mickrik wrote:

the rttl vosper supperstucture you are after there is one on show at r af hendon
hope this helps mick
Actually no !

The RTTL at Hendon is a Mk 1b and has the same superstructure as the kit.
2748 was a Mk 1a. There were only 4 of them (2747 - 2750). The superstructure was more like that on the Hants & Dorset.
mickrik View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mickrik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 September 2008 at 5:17pm
i have the  the plans on cd  of a hants and dorset if your stuck hope this is
of help mick
happy to meet you all
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic