Forum Home Forum Home > Boats (In alphabetical order) > Motor Torpedo Boats
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

.Sungo' ex MTB 486

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Pioneer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pioneer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: .Sungo' ex MTB 486
    Posted: 22 April 2009 at 10:52am

I have had to start a new thread here - my previous posting did not materialize -???

Richard has passed over these two very recent images of 'Sungo' (April 21 '09). They may be seen as a gentle reminder for the Canadian Coastal Forces Trust that time waits for no one. Although 'Sungo' is receiving much TLC, a reminder can be glimpsed of ex MTB 458 laying along side. Has Nicholas made any further progress with his attempt to 'save' her I wonder??

Pioneer - Forum Moderator
johnk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 April 2009 at 12:35pm
Hi there,

Hope Nicholas sees this, have dropped him a line a while back but no word, albeit he is in the Canadian Navy so has to do other things!!! she is looking good still though, but as you say you can see what has happend to so many others awith with 458, although I believe they have first refusal should she come up for sale, if she is not, then she is not I guess, but hope one day she will go back to Canada, see they have not updated the web-site for Q105, may be waiting for the Canadian winter to finish. Many thanks for the photos, saves me a journey to have a look!

JohnK
jimmy p View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jimmy p Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 April 2009 at 1:36am
Do i take it from the photo that the pinnace next to her has been chopped up?
  Shame as billy could've had a few decent timbers for 1262.
Think Nicholas is in the same boat as us Brits...no official help & expensive toy with a mortgage and family coming first. Hope he gets her home though
A boat is a hole in the water surrounded by wood, into which one throws money
johnk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 December 2009 at 2:10pm
Just thought I would say a little, saw very briefly stern of 486 on a property show the other day, house in that aread, shot panning up the river past her to the bridge. No word of late from Nicholas, as you say Jimmy small matter of career in the CAF and rest, but hope they are still round and wanting 486 for Canada. Tried also to get word of project there not far away the Fairmil Q105, shot of her now stripped to bare hull in June this year, but web-site defunct and after digging found those shots, appreciate of course far from easy times of course,

JohnK
jimmy p View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jimmy p Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 February 2010 at 1:28am
Fully understand John. I'm lucky that more people are fixing there homes up than moving to spain or i'd be done for. Last pic i saw of 105 she was icebound & heeling over, just hope she's doing better at the moment but know the way of the world. In those temperatures they certainly have thier work cut out fixing the ice damage. Best of British luck if its still a goer!
A boat is a hole in the water surrounded by wood, into which one throws money
kenna222 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kenna222 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2013 at 2:35pm
Current owner of Sungo seeking any photos or information (dated if possible) about MTB 486 and or her moorings and other boats moored here over the decades. Any info. much appreciated, she's still afloat!
kenna222 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kenna222 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 January 2016 at 9:03pm
Current owner still seeking any photos or history of Sungo (MTB 486).
johnk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2016 at 3:10pm
Hi there,

Great to see some posts other than me! good to hear Sungo still going, all the best,

Johnk
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic