BMPT Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Boats (In alphabetical order) > Seaplane Tenders
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

seaplane tenders

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 February 2010 at 5:34pm
For those members who followed RAF 206 with interest, I can confirm that she will become a major attraction under a flying boat wing at RAF Hendon Museum this May.

She is currently still moored on the south coast, and for anyone who may wish to to get a group together and experience her on the water for the last time before she comes ashore, please feel free to contact me at pclabburn@hotmail.co.uk

clive View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote clive Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 February 2010 at 6:15pm
Well done Phil,
what a fantastic display they will make,
masbie something in the water.   www.freewebs.com/masb32/
johnk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 February 2010 at 8:50am
Hi there,

Ah, well pity she will no longer be afloat, appreciate she may well last longer under cover I guess, but still, better than not having her at all.

John
dgray View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dgray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 February 2010 at 9:04am
Great to see her saved for posterity.   I believe the RAF museum is still looking for a larger WW2 ( Whaleback or Hants & Dorset ) that is a "restorable".

I have just ordered 150 meters of African mahogany (planked at 3/4"  to be planed down  to 5/8") begin work on the sides of ST365.   It will take quite a while to do part time but  I hope to get the sides &  cabin done this summer.

Cheers
Don

Don

Only a number, not even a name. How shall posterity hear of thy fame?
marksaab View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marksaab Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 February 2010 at 8:49pm
Originally posted by phil phil wrote:

For those members who followed RAF 206 with interest, I can confirm that she will become a major attraction under a flying boat wing at RAF Hendon Museum this May.

She is currently still moored on the south coast, and for anyone who may wish to to get a group together and experience her on the water for the last time before she comes ashore, please feel free to contact me at pclabburn@hotmail.co.uk

Hi Phil

E mail sent ref trip out, Don are you interested?

Mark
Only yield when you must, never "give up the ship," but fight on to the last "with a stiff upper lip!"
dgray View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dgray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 February 2010 at 10:40pm
Abso-bloody-loutely    Count me in if at all possible. I'll be the bloke with the camera and tape measure!!

Cheers

Don

Only a number, not even a name. How shall posterity hear of thy fame?
marksaab View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marksaab Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 February 2010 at 8:29am
Hi Don

Thought you might be!

I have emailed and just PM'd Phil so hope to have some news soon.

Mark
Only yield when you must, never "give up the ship," but fight on to the last "with a stiff upper lip!"
apropos View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote apropos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 September 2015 at 12:59pm
We have bought for our sins a seaplane tender, built around 1942 but converted in the 50s to a houseboat.

Have started dripping her out, but is there a way to discover more about her (model and history) and do plans exist to download/buy?

41 1/2 foot with twin stern drives, has a pair of Volvo Penta 135hp engines fitted from the 80s.

The usual double diagonal mahogany hull.

Any help would be gratefully appreciated.

1942 Seaplane Tender – "we must be mad"
Christian View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Christian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 September 2015 at 2:39pm
Hello Mr Propos

Yes, the original identity can be found by locating the yard number. 

This number (probably 4-digit) is usually stamped on the underside of the floorboards, on the stem post and on the stern post.
apropos View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote apropos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 September 2015 at 9:27pm
Thank you Christian,

I shall search this weekend…
1942 Seaplane Tender – "we must be mad"
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic