BMPT Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Boats (In alphabetical order) > Patrol Boats
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

HDML

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John.A. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: HDML
    Posted: 05 December 2010 at 4:09pm
Are we about to have another HDML rebuilt  at Hythe.?  This afternoon I spotted a HDML outside the Hythe yard, this is one I havn't seen before, she is light in the water with little of her original superstructure . From Waiterose car park the hull looks in good condition.
   Anyone know about her ?    Regards   John.A.
John.A.
johnk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2010 at 4:33pm
Hi John,

Interesting, of course there is the now fully restored 1387 at Gunwharf Quays but clearly not this one, be great if you can get a picture, though never done this myself have to say, a few kicking about I think as houseboats or motor boats.

Johnk
John.A. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John.A. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2010 at 5:59pm

Hello Johnk, It has been said many times, always carry a camera when snooping around boat yards. Never mind I am sure someone will come up with the answers. This vessel is right out side the yard that did the Medusa , thats what made me think she is going to be slipped. When I manage to operate my new printer scanner I have lots of interesting photos of passenger vessels in Devon. Pride of the darts 1/2 the spectacular accident we had on Christmas Day 1956 sinking the Regency Belle after smashing down parts of Princess Pier . If you have a copy of South Devon Steamers & Ferries page 31 shows Jimmy Dales work boat a former sea plane tender. The vessel on the right is the Moria an iron Swedish motor yacht . The fairmile B is Warrior Gerrant.  Kind Regards   John A. 

John.A.
johnk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 December 2010 at 10:50am
Hi John,

Many thanks for that, perhaps if the yard is still going, was due for developement I believe but perhaps delayed now, yes the good old Dart boats, the Fairmile that was restored as a moving house boat is up for sale now...

Johnk
John.A. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John.A. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 December 2010 at 11:05am
No luck with the photos. Unable to load wrong size they are now in the folder. Must get my grandson to show me !!!
John.A.
johnk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 December 2010 at 3:40pm
No problem, understand you need as would I, a technical consultant,

Johnk
Pioneer View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Pioneer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pioneer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 December 2010 at 5:16pm

Christian has requsted these images to be uploaded. I am not sure of the context.

Edited by ForumManager - 10 December 2010 at 5:52pm
Pioneer - Forum Moderator
John.A. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John.A. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 December 2010 at 5:50pm
Thanks to Christian and Pioneer for their help what a performance . Photos of Regency Belle taken after the severe easterly gale Christmas day 1956, she broke away from Princess pier at lunch time smashing the walk way down then sitting on the cast iron piles that snapped off. We raised her after four days using seven coventry climax pumps, then towed by Pride of the Dart to Torquay inner harbour. Finally repaired at the Dorset Lake Ship Yard. A complete new starboard side.   John.A.
John.A.
johnk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 December 2010 at 7:44am
These are great shots, seven conventry climax pumps, we have one at the Medway Queen base, belongs to the site owner, had a go at using it once to clear mud from the ship, but way to powerfull, engine used in the Hillman Imp I believe. Many thanks,

Johnk
andyht57 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andyht57 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 December 2010 at 5:06pm
The Coventry Climax Engine was at one time used in Grand Prix cars, very powerful and high revving engines.
Andy T
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic