BMPT Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Discussion > The Trust
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Assistance Required

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Assistance Required
    Posted: 25 November 2011 at 9:49am
Hi there,

MGB 81 looking very nice, just of the top of my head www.trinitymarine.co.uk have an aladins cave of stuff, yes they are commercial but perhaps might be able to help in return for a bit of PR?, v drive a bit beyond me but trust someone out there can help, as I say, vessels looking good,

Johnk
ASR1255 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ASR1255 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 December 2011 at 7:09pm
I dont know if you are still interested but i have an old carey float that you can have if you want it ,it might need recovering but it is in shape i also have a skimming dish in need of a new home i will try and post pics of both but having device compatability troubles at the moment
SAVE EM ALL
Pathfinder View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Pathfinder

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pathfinder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2011 at 7:51am
Good morning,
Thanks the offer, would like to follow up please, particularly the carley float.
Can u email photos to me on pathfinder@safemariner.co.uk ..?
I will see what can be done with the skimming dish, as the trust is about to complete one at this time.
Many thanks
Pathfinder - Forum Moderator
Eckie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eckie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2011 at 8:32am
Hey there. . .don't forget me out here, . . .restoring my skimming dish ! (5383) Is this another one coming to the surface ?    PLEASE PLEASE can you tell me,. . . does it have the KF4 engine ? and/or the hand controls. . .I am desperately searching for the Coventry hand controls
My email is --Erikpam@me.com
PLEASE contact me.
Yours. . .Erik Benson
Admin Group
Admin Group

Pathfinder

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pathfinder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2011 at 8:50am
Erik,

Will let you know more when I have discussed with the owner.
Richard
burgundyben View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote burgundyben Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2011 at 4:00pm
Richard

What exactly is wrong with the V drive? Its a pretty basic unit and could be repaired?

If the likes of Jim Stokes/Crossthwaite & Gardner/Pur Sang can build new Bugatti GP cars and Auto Unions and Lancia D50's it must be possible for the right people to fix up that V drive.

Ben
Napier Lion engine wanted.
Admin Group
Admin Group

Pathfinder

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pathfinder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2011 at 4:24pm
Ben,
Thanks yours. Hopefully nothing wrong, but I am trying to source others..just in case. There is play between the gears, howver the contractors have sent it away to have it overhauled..so holding thumbs. A brand new one from the back of a museum would be very welcome though..!

Richard
Pioneer View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Pioneer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pioneer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 December 2011 at 12:26pm

Richard has passed on three recent images; 2 of MGB 81 and one of a Carley Float kindly donated by a 'well wisher' - many thanks of course being expressed by Richard. The 'pom pom' armament will very soon be aquired and fitted - images to follow.

Bow lines fitted

Close up of Canopy Cover

Carley Float (to be renovated)

Edited by Pioneer - 10 December 2011 at 12:27pm
Pioneer - Forum Moderator
Eckie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eckie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 December 2011 at 1:08pm
Hello again. . .that canopy cover. . . .what material and colour please. . .could it be the same as the dodger on the FMD ?   cheers. . .Erik
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic