BMPT Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Boats (In alphabetical order) > MASB32
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

MASB 27

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2013 at 5:58pm
Thanks for that chaps! I will try and get some internal shots/footage up soon just to show how much work needs to be done!

Cheers,

Owen
johnk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2013 at 12:38pm
Hi Owen,

That would be great, did just PM you,

Johnk
johnk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote johnk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2013 at 4:31pm
Hi there,

Just wanted to highlight to fellow forum members, under "What's New" on the home page of this site, some very very interesting news from Owen Childs on the Watchet Warships community interest company proposal for Watchet harbour and area. I think personally it is something all of us interested in coastal forces and craft should support. As ever, I know we must not ever forget the work of MTB 102, HDML Medusa and others, but I think that this project will do no harm whatsoever to these projects, and will I expect enhance the interest and skills for keeping our historic craft going and in public view, that is my opinion any how, of course what that is worth!!!.

Johnk
johnk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2013 at 9:32am
Hi there,

Not sure but appears the piece on "What's New" on the Watchet Warships project has gone....I was looking to print off for a person who might be interested....

Johnk
johnk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2013 at 4:21pm
Hi there,

Re above...back on! many thanks,

Johnk
OC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 September 2013 at 4:51pm
Hi gang!

Been very busy here at HQ with the new additions Humorist and the impending arrival of 219. Things have been moving on and MASB's deck is nearly back to how it should be.

I have removed virtually all of the fibreglass superstructure that was on top (a few tons worth I might add!).

My brother and I, a few months back, travelled across the country where a certain rotten boat donated it's deck beams and engine mounts. As the deck and beams were cut away to accomodate the wheelhouse that was fitted before, all the stringers and beams that are not covered by deck I have refitted.

The wheelhouse "frame" that you see in the pictures is substantually beefier than it would've been. It has been made so that it is an intergral part of the hull and gives the deck area a huge increase in strength.

I have also started on the wheelhouse, however, since I have no drawings to go by I am having to judge it by looking at pictures.

johnk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 September 2013 at 1:58pm
Hi Owen,

Just picked up the latest post and pics, not sure why the delay in my seeing them up but there you go, looking fantastic there, see? Humourist in the back ground, the collection grows, trust all goes well with 219 at Tilbury, all the best,

Johnk
OC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 February 2014 at 7:04pm
Sorry, pictures didn't seem to come up in the last post...

Pioneer View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Pioneer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pioneer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 February 2014 at 7:12pm
Hello OC
I had sent you a PM but I can now see that you have succeeded - I have deleted the problem post.
Regards
Pioneer - Forum Moderator
johnk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2014 at 10:51am
Hi there,

Fantastic pictures, presume these are the donated deck beams and engine mounts mentioned before, looking really good have to say, great to see restoration work like this underway on our coastal forces craft, await more news as and when,

Johnk
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic