BMPT Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Boats (In alphabetical order) > High Speed Launches
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

HSL 2548

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
dgray View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dgray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 March 2006 at 4:02pm
Hi Bob,

I put some photos of whalebacks at: http://www.rania.co.uk/boat%20photos/whaleback/

Cheers
Don

Don

Only a number, not even a name. How shall posterity hear of thy fame?
Bob A View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 March 2006 at 2:02pm

Hi Don,

Is she a whaleback? If so I'm definitely interested in your photo's as I'm getting together the bits and pieces for a modelling project on a whaleback.

Bob

dgray View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dgray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 January 2006 at 9:30pm
I went to see HSL2548 in Spain last summer and have had some people doing research into her owner and transport from her current location.

To cut a long story (and it is a long story) short, I have located the owner (not happy about his silly asking price) and know a yard in France (just across the spanish border) that could store her for a modest fee.  I need to find a cradle to put her on as one  side has been  cut away.

I have some photos of the exterior & I'll put us a rough web site if anyone is interested.

I also have some ww2 original ASR photos I can put up, again if anyone is interested.

I wonder if anyone knows where  a boat mover who could cradle crane & move her?

Thanks

Don

Don

Only a number, not even a name. How shall posterity hear of thy fame?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic