Forum Home Forum Home > General Discussion > The Trust
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

D-Day 2015. The 71st Anniversary.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Pioneer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pioneer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: D-Day 2015. The 71st Anniversary.
    Posted: 22 April 2014 at 12:28pm
An important announcement: See "What's New*
Follow the links or click anywhere on the page once 'open'.

Edited by Pioneer - 18 January 2015 at 8:26am
Pioneer - Forum Moderator
johnk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 April 2014 at 3:37pm
Hi there,

Just spotted this, well, first many congratulations to the team for getting this organized, what a relief so to speak, fantastic line up of vessels in addition to MGB 81....hope perhaps to see MTB 102 at Chatham at the end of May for Dunkirk little ships rally....fingers very much crossed for good weather, clearly major factor to say the least.  Again for what it is worth, very well done and all the best,

Johnk
Pioneer View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Pioneer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pioneer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2014 at 7:54am
A further notice of this event has appeared on the Veterans Website with a nice introduction on their Home Page.
Pioneer - Forum Moderator
johnk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2014 at 9:47am
Hi there,

Just thought I would say something, 75th anniversary of course today of D-day, 70th powerboat squadron in attendance at Pegasus bridge, keeping an eye out for them but not seen yet.

Johnk
johnk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2014 at 5:12pm
Hi there,

Just seen under "What's new" see D-day report on passage, some great shots of the events at Caen and beyond, at the end, MGB81 and HSL 102 underway in the channel, I would like to offer again my thanks to all who got this organized, a great tribute to the vessels and men of that day.

Johnk
johnk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote johnk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2015 at 6:34pm
Hi there,

Just spotted on "whats new" proposed return to Pegasus bridge which is great of course, see MGB 81 and HSL 102 may go,  great to see return invite, of course fantastic trip last year hence....would be great to see these craft underway again for sure,

Johnk
johnk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 January 2015 at 8:14am
Hi there,

May seem a bit off the field, but this year we have the 75th anniversary of the Dunkirk evacuation, of course we have MTB 102 there, and hopefully at the port in May, we are also working to get Paddle Steamer Medway Queen there, just need to raise specific funds as ever, for this. We have a new film about the ship and Dunkirk coming out shortly, features few seconds of some CF craft during the evacuation, there is a web-site, http://www.operationdynamo75th.co.uk

Johnk

Edited by Pioneer - 18 January 2015 at 8:35am
max930 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max930 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 December 2016 at 3:41pm
Hi,

Just curious if anything planned for 2017? I might do Remembrance Day in London this year with my Father. Since most of our museums here have mostly pictures and small items. It would be very heart warming to see an MTB in person. Not to be political or anti-American. One reason I want to do remembrance in England. Almost everything here is Americanized now. If a filmmaker makes a documentary, too be successful, it has too be via an American lenses. Americans tend to treat Britain and western Europe as foreigners. I tend to view Britain, western Europe and most of the commonwealth as family. Its reassuring on Remembrance Day to see the people in Britain and poppies. Its sort of a pet peeve that if I wear a poppy in America. I have to explain it to even WWII veterans there!
johnk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 December 2016 at 4:08pm
Hello Max,

Just spotted your last, not sure if anything special so to speak for 71st..but looking at MTBs as you say in person..there is the collection at Portsmouth naval base, MGB81 a great example, advise getting in touch first to ensure if access could be arranged, though think the collection can be seen form shore side, an actual MTB would be MTB 102 but based in Lowestoft, Suffolk on the east coast....but given distances in Canada, relatively?? just around the corner?! ....any how, sorry no links but search the net, and hope others on the forum here will chip in, all the best,

Johk
max930 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max930 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 December 2016 at 9:15pm
Hello,

Thanks...... The distance from Canada is not too bad. From Vancouver around 9hrs to London. Toronto its only 6hrs. Main reason besides English and Scottish ancestry, I'm pro British. My father business had him working out of London frequently. So its an easy trip.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic