BMPT Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Boats (In alphabetical order) > Motor Gun Boats
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Freelance MGB 45 S3

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Freelance_Salvage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2015 at 7:46pm
Thanks John!

So just link my ad to their posts? Is there anywhere I can post pictures of her?

Apologies for basic questions but not really used to chat rooms.

Please put the word about ...

Helen
johnk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 November 2015 at 1:08pm
Hi Helen,

Um....yes.....! my technical knowledge on this stops about there I am afraid!, hope perhaps colleagues and admin here might help?....as per, see links pages on this forum, and try direct contact on...well their contact pages, bit of a slog I know but might help with sale of goods plus...I am trying to get in touch with my friend Robert Morley, he has CMB9 at Avonmouth, but....no luck yet there, I do hope word spreads and something of her can go on, afraid I have nothing in my pocket, but there it is, some may say bit double standard, I do love these craft and their stories of course, ....all the best,

Johnk
ASR1255 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ASR1255 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 November 2015 at 9:44pm
Hi Helen
Do you still have any parts available if so could I come and have a look I am based in hoo so any weekend would be ok please feel free to pm me
Thanks
Steve
SAVE EM ALL
Steve View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 September 2016 at 7:57pm
Hi folks,
Does anyone happen to know the current status of this boat? Helen, are you still selling bit?
Regards,
Steve
Tim Deacon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim Deacon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 September 2016 at 8:19am
Hi
'Freelance'/S-3 is lying on a mud bank, with a mixture of old Thames barges and other boats, just off the coastal path, not far from Hoo Marina, towards the old disused power station (You can see the old wrecks on Google Earth....S-3 wasn't there when the photo on G/Earth was taken). I went there in April 2016 with Paul, the son of the C/O of the Polish WW2 Flotilla (Witold Szuster), who came over from Adelaide, Australia to view the boat. Sadly, she's quite difficult to get to across the mud; it's fairly deep and sticky! (unless you have a boat); we had wellies on and could only get to within about 150 yards of the boat. Some large holes were made in her hull to prevent her floating off, so she'll be a mess inside. I have some photos of her (taken from the shore) if anyone's interested. I'm not sure who 'owns' the wreck. Contact me at: tim@deacon427.fsnet.co.uk      Tim Deacon
Steve View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 September 2016 at 8:49am
Thanks Tim, that's useful to know. I'm guessing that this is the location? It sounds like she's a bit of a write off then?
Steve
Steve View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 September 2016 at 8:50am
Oops, something went wrong with the link. It should be here:
https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/51%C2%B024'46.2%22N+0%C2%B034'15.8%22E/@51.4128439,0.5704816,159m/data=!3m2!1e3!4b1!4m5!3m4!1s0x0:0x0!8m2!3d51.412843!4d0.571046?hl=en

Pioneer View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Pioneer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pioneer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 September 2016 at 11:58am
Pioneer - Forum Moderator
Steve View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 September 2016 at 12:24pm
Cheers Richard that's the spot I was trying to link to.
Regard, Steve (Fisher).
Pioneer View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Pioneer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pioneer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 September 2016 at 1:37pm
Or 'Ted' even
Pioneer - Forum Moderator
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
  Share Topic